Register free!

Old 05-07-2001, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you guys ever bought an aquascape kit and if so how did you like it. We have done a few pond installs but always built them from scratch. These have been personal ponds for friends and family. We just have used the old conventional way of filtering with the foam filter in the box. I hear the bio thing is very good though.
Old 05-07-2001, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We put our first one in last fall and had a blast. They give you step-by-step instructions (follow them), and everything is easy enough to follow along without any technical assistance.

We had a blast putting ours together, it was 16'x32', with a waterfalls and a stream. They send you everything you need to do the whole thing, either a quickie kit or pick and choose your own hardware for a specific design. All you need to do is order the bulk materials (mulch, stone, etc). We didn't get the owner's manual with the pond, I don't know if you have to order those separate or what. Luckily we had one from a seminar we'd attended.

A 2-man crew had it installed in 2 days. When we were done, we took off our boots and socks, rolled up our pants, and waded into the middle (2' deep) for photos. Cold water in late October!!!

Old 05-08-2001, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Almost all of our ponds/ water gardens are Aquascape pond kits, and I have heard nothing but great things from everyone in my company about them. I can tell you personally that they always look great once finished, their instructions are SUPER easy to follow, and their customer service support is outstanding.
Old 05-26-2001, 02:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Ive built a few ponds for other contractors in my days, gunite pools too etc.. even placed one of those plastic pond tubs (YUCK) LOL,, Aquascape kits from what I seen <I ordered there video> look pretty Impressing, I like their Idea of the rock/gravel bottom covering the liner, has a lot of advantages,, Im waiting for a call to construct one, I'll deffinetly purchace a aquascape kit

thom
http://www.geocities.com/cometlandscaping/
Old 06-03-2001, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Aquascapes is the only pond kit that we install. It comes shipped directly to us or to the job site with everything that is needed create a personal paradise. Their customer service is always very helpful as well. Also, always order extra spray foam as it seems we always run a little short.
Old 06-03-2001, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

We have used both the Aquascape & Pond Supplies of America kits with good results each time. I think that the Aquascape support system is quicker and easier to talk to. Have also been to seminars put on by both companies; well worth the time. The Build-a-pond days are a blast.
Old 06-05-2001, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We installed a test pond last year. Boy did it look nice when it was done. The only drawback was when I met with the homeowner I had to listen to her rant and rave about how beautiful it looked and what a nice job the boys had done. This went on for almost an hour.

I have checked on this pond from time to time to see how it is holding up. Everything looks good.

Aquascape

Are the professional postcards mentioned in your magazine available for sale yet?
Old 06-10-2001, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Member

i've installed 25 - 30 small ponds (8x10 up to 20x30 with streams) and 3 large ponds (80x100, 100x200, 300x50) Both Pond Supplies and Aquascapes have good kits and customer suport. In dealing with our customers they seem to have an easier time cleaning filters in the Pond sweep skimmers. Biofalls are very similar between both companies, we only install Pond Supplies Pondsweepskimmers now. God luck and great ponding.
Old 07-29-2001, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

If you have any common sense and creativity, they are easy as pie. Just follow the 20 steps and you have a pond that will wow people.

Old 09-29-2001, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Member

With no skill of water gardening or design, we bought the kit got the book, followed 20 step outline, and it was easy as pie. Installed it at our garden center and it has wowed people. Don't be scared to do it because it is easy.