Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-08-2006, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nextel Users Save 15% on your bill, and more.

If you have a John Deere Lanscapes store near where you live,

( Check here; http://www.johndeerelandscapes.com/s...Pro/search.asp )

And you sign up for their "Partners Program" you are then eligable for some big savings on your Nextel account. First, you get 15% off your monthly bill. If you have several employees, like us, that can add up to a sizable savings. It's saving us over $100 each month!

Even better, in my opinion, is the deal you get on new phones. You get new phones at a huge discount. For instance, the i870 phone sells for $299. And that's only IF you haven't upgraded for 2 years. And I had. So then the price was going to be $499 for that phone. A little more than I wanted to pay. But once I got onto the John Deer Partners Program, I got that phone for only $225 - a savings of $274!!! and it didn't matter that I had upgraded already fairly recently. But there are even better deals to be had with the less expensive phones.

For more info, check it out below or call your local John Deere Landscapes. It's a sweet deal IMO. Been on the program just 2 months now but I am loving it!

http://www.johndeerelandscapes.com/_News/05_nextel.asp

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 04-08-2006, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how much does it cost to join the partners program?
Old 04-08-2006, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Costs nothing. But there are some commitments involved. If you're already buying fertilizer somewhere, buying pavers somewhere, buying retaining wall blocks somewhere, buying sod somewhere, buying irrigation supplies somewhere, you can easily meet the commitments by switching some of your buying to John Deere. I haven't switched to buying everything I used from them. But by joining, I've agreed to try to hit a certain dollar volume this year. And that just means I'll be calling them when I want sod, rather than calling my usual sod yard. And I'll be calling them when I want some mutual materials pavers or retaining wall blocks rather than calling mutual materials directly (it's cheaper with JD anyway), ETC.

It's probably not for everyone. But for some, it's a great deal. There are other ways you save too. They have other partners in the program. Office Depot, for instance. Big savings there too. But the one I was most excited about was the Nextel Savings. That's what really got me interested in taking a look at the JD Partners program.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 04-08-2006, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I picked up a flyer, for a sprint/nextel discount from my local Credit Union. I'm going to call later to see about the discount they offer.