Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2006, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota Engineers.

talk about a relationship with your dealer. My dealer called me yesterday and asked if i'd be around to come down to the shop and talk with some engineers from Kubota. Now iv got 3 Japanese engineers from Kubota coming to my house tomorrow and possibly to a job site. I guess theyre taking some type of measurements and comments from companies that own KX161-3s in my area.

Anybody ever hear of this before. I'm fairly new to the business, so I find it pretty interesting that they want to come out to my house and meet me and see my machine.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep been there and done that years ago when we were all using f series front cuts they brought us out a few fz s to try for a day.None of them spoke any english , but its nice to see some companies still care what the end user thinks.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Our Cat dealer got us into their nationwide "Tools at Work" publication 2 years ago. They came out to our site one day, snapped a few pictures, and took down the information. My dad's mug was on the cover with our 216 and then the article was about 2 full pages or so. We were then presented with a framed copy of the pages we were on, given to us by NC Machinery's (our statewide dealer) state rep. Pretty cool stuff. The state rep and our salesman delivered our 303CR to us, gotta love the service we get from our Cat dealer. That's why I don't believe it when people say that Cat doesn't care about the little guy because as far as I'm concerned, the more machines you sell, big or small, it's still money in the bank.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 04-08-2006, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For crying out loud...tell them about the bloody useless travel pedals in the 161!....

Lady: You Sir are Drunk!
Winston Churchill: Yes Ma'am but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will be Sober.

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of humour....but it sure is fun!
Old 04-08-2006, 03:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Orientals have small feet they probably have no problems with the travel pedals look at the pedals in their cars and trucks. When you sell machines to the North American market you need to design machines for operators with size 13 shoes and a operator that weighs 200lbs and has hands the size of baseball gloves
Old 04-08-2006, 05:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

and please mention the size of the door, I have to turn sideways to get in and out. I am almost 6' and about 220lbs. Other than that I love my machine.
David
1989 F800
2007 NPR Dump
2006 Kubota 161
2007 T190
toys in avatar
Dodge Ram 3500
Old 04-10-2006, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea i told them about the foot pedals and im always losing lynch pins on the quick disconnect bucket when im diggin stumps(being polish it took me a few times before i just put a bolt through it) but maybe they could come up with something. They crawled all over the machine looking at it and gave us some free stuff. 2 quarts of oil, 2 tubes of grease, 2 hats, and a 161 toy. I told them they could throw in a payment and we'd be all set. They just laughed and mumbled some broken english. It is nice to see that a company follows through with their products, but thats just what you have to do to stay competitive.