Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-08-2001, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to hire a FT person to do applications for next year. What is a decent range of pay for this position? Private messages are fine.

Thanks,

Ben
Old 05-12-2001, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

fertilizer applicator??

:blob3: i'm a fertilizer applicator and make my boss pretty good money and only get paid thirteen dollars an hour.and if you ask me i deserve maybe around fifteen an hour.i have two differnt liscences.i also handle over 230 accounts.some are as large as 25 acres.and we just now got a motorized spreader.but i still have push some of them.but i also handle all kinds of responsibility's.so there chew on that and get back to me on what you think.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking somewhere in the range of 25 to 35k per year salary. Benefits of course and some sort of retirement program. I just wondered if this is how other handle this. I figure that with salary they would be on all year to help with snow, machine maintenance, calling there routes customers in spring to confirm service, etc.
Old 05-16-2001, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

sounds pretty good if you ask me.thats exactly what i do.stay on year round and do snow removal and repair equipment.then in the spring we just do letters to previous customers and then make cold calls to hopeful new ones.we also do some flyers with a little bit of new customer base to show for that.but i'd say i'm on the low end of your pay scale and thats with-out the retirement plan.so i'm sure at your rate someone will come a callin'.hopefully they're experienced enough to be able repair all kinds of equipmet and still have the fertilizer knowledge,eh??i repair every thing from tractors to end-loaders,to mowers.and still have enough brain space left over for fert and spray knowledge,hehe kinda sounds like i'm tooting my own horn,huh? rockford is a dog eat dog town though!!! well enough for now,c-ya!!! weed killer guy