Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Janet Lennox Moyer

Let's all have a moment of silence out of respect for JLM. She is by far the best this business has ever seen. She truly is the Tiger Woods of lighting. She probably single handedly installs 6,000 fixtures plus a yr. all by her lonesome. God Bless JLM.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Were do you get this info Cool shot?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

It's common knowledge. I'm sure that if everyone didn't have me on ignore they would chime in to support me.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Cool shot have you ever been to a seminar with JLM? Or have you just read her book?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Member

eskerlite

I have read one of her books. The 2nd edition of landscape lighting by Janet Moyer and it was very, very educational. If you havent read it I strongly suggest that you do.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree

she is number 1
Old 04-23-2006, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Jan Moyer Seminar

I spent three days last November in Georgia with Jan Moyer. The seminar was held at Cooper Lighting's educational facility in Peachtree City. Much to my surprise, Cooper was only selling their product in the last sessions on the last day. Other than that, they were fantastic hosts. Food was great and plentiful, accommodations comfortable (with in the learning center) and folks were incredibly helpful. I'd go back in a heartbeat - they have a real interest in promoting lighting as an industry AND offer some cool products across 18 (I think) different brand names. Their LV line is Lumiere, relatively high cost, professional grade fixtures.

Jan Moyer was passionate, approachable and incredible. Nearly everybody in the session left there being pumped up and excited to get out into the field. Jan covered many areas and showed hundreds of photos. But the real value was in being able to sit down and have a meal with her. She lived with us, all day, for three days straight.

She is a purist by any account. Doesn't believe in facade lighting much, and is a real plantsperson. Specifies only top-quality equipment, works strictly as a designer-consultant, and takes her time. Her methods and business practices are not directly applicable to most of the clientele I see, but I learned much and am able to adapt alot of what I learned to my proposal/design mode.

I have emailed Jan a couple of questions since I met her and she has always answered and extended her helping hand. Jan Moyer is an incredible asset to our industry.

Michael Deo
NatureScape Lighting
New Jersey
Old 04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Mike

I bet you have to sign up as soon as she post any seminar. What does she usually charge for a three day seminar? I would love to attend one of her seminars.