Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2006, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

would you even allow her on your schedule?

renewel contracts are sent out in mid january. they are due back to me, by march 1st, with the first maint fee enclosed. the second payment is due april 1st. they are sent out early, so that there is planty of time for them to respond on a timely basis. this one lady, i hear nothing from her. not a word. i figure she got somebody else. well, low and behold, she calls on april 14th, to say, "i want to have your service, go ahead and get started." my dilemna is......should i even take her at this point? should i charge a late fee for the march + april 1st payments that were not recieved? i'm considering just blowing her off. please advise
Old 04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby

I figured you would have asked for the first installment and then dropped her. The stamp,envelope, and time it took to mail cost you something. I would charge her late fees and let her drop herself. If she really wants your service then you have the opportunity to teach her from the start you dont mess around. Remember you stopped advertising now you need the referals. Good Luck!!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Member

I wouldn't just blow anyone off. If you are going to drop her just tell her that you schedule is full, that is why you sent out a notice and new contract early so that people could respond.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
renewel contracts are sent out in mid january. they are due back to me, by march 1st, with the first maint fee enclosed. the second payment is due april 1st. they are sent out early, so that there is planty of time for them to respond on a timely basis. this one lady, i hear nothing from her. not a word. i figure she got somebody else. well, low and behold, she calls on april 14th, to say, "i want to have your service, go ahead and get started." my dilemna is......should i even take her at this point? should i charge a late fee for the march + april 1st payments that were not recieved? i'm considering just blowing her off. please advise
i would weed these people out, unless she would like to pay the late fee! money talks!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Crabgrass
I wouldn't just blow anyone off. If you are going to drop her just tell her that you schedule is full, that is why you sent out a notice and new contract early so that people could respond.
This would be the best way to approach the situation.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would sign her on, I have one customer whos lawn just isnt a fast grower, I started cutting last week and this guy wont be ready til prolly. first week of may. But if shes got that tall grass....charge her big time double cutting and make your money back.

Jeff
Old 04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

why pay you a late fee?you aint did nothing yet and the yard may have not needed anything.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo521
why pay you a late fee?you aint did nothing yet and the yard may have not needed anything.
your answer is in his first couple of sentences.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

why not just have her make march, april, and june's payment UPFRONT and start her service
Old 04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPSJay
why not just have her make march, april, and june's payment UPFRONT and start her service
i have done that in the past with other customers. this lady just rubs me the wrong way. i need to take my business seriously, she will learn to take me seriously, or she will use someone else. either way, don't matter to me