Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:21 AM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
would you even allow her on your schedule?

renewel contracts are sent out in mid january. they are due back to me, by march 1st, with the first maint fee enclosed. the second payment is due april 1st. they are sent out early, so that there is planty of time for them to respond on a timely basis. this one lady, i hear nothing from her. not a word. i figure she got somebody else. well, low and behold, she calls on april 14th, to say, "i want to have your service, go ahead and get started." my dilemna is......should i even take her at this point? should i charge a late fee for the march + april 1st payments that were not recieved? i'm considering just blowing her off. please advise
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
CutInEdge Lawn Care's Avatar
CutInEdge Lawn Care CutInEdge Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deltona, Fl
Posts: 678
Bobby

I figured you would have asked for the first installment and then dropped her. The stamp,envelope, and time it took to mail cost you something. I would charge her late fees and let her drop herself. If she really wants your service then you have the opportunity to teach her from the start you dont mess around. Remember you stopped advertising now you need the referals. Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Rev. Crabgrass's Avatar
Rev. Crabgrass Rev. Crabgrass is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cental North Carolina
Posts: 120
I wouldn't just blow anyone off. If you are going to drop her just tell her that you schedule is full, that is why you sent out a notice and new contract early so that people could respond.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Ol'time Lawncare's Avatar
Ol'time Lawncare Ol'time Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
renewel contracts are sent out in mid january. they are due back to me, by march 1st, with the first maint fee enclosed. the second payment is due april 1st. they are sent out early, so that there is planty of time for them to respond on a timely basis. this one lady, i hear nothing from her. not a word. i figure she got somebody else. well, low and behold, she calls on april 14th, to say, "i want to have your service, go ahead and get started." my dilemna is......should i even take her at this point? should i charge a late fee for the march + april 1st payments that were not recieved? i'm considering just blowing her off. please advise
i would weed these people out, unless she would like to pay the late fee! money talks!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Badgerz's Avatar
Badgerz Badgerz is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE Wisconsin
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Crabgrass
I wouldn't just blow anyone off. If you are going to drop her just tell her that you schedule is full, that is why you sent out a notice and new contract early so that people could respond.
This would be the best way to approach the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:24 PM
NNJLandman NNJLandman is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,307
I would sign her on, I have one customer whos lawn just isnt a fast grower, I started cutting last week and this guy wont be ready til prolly. first week of may. But if shes got that tall grass....charge her big time double cutting and make your money back.

Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
robbo521's Avatar
robbo521 robbo521 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 602
why pay you a late fee?you aint did nothing yet and the yard may have not needed anything.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Ol'time Lawncare's Avatar
Ol'time Lawncare Ol'time Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo521
why pay you a late fee?you aint did nothing yet and the yard may have not needed anything.
your answer is in his first couple of sentences.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
NEPSJay's Avatar
NEPSJay NEPSJay is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 494
why not just have her make march, april, and june's payment UPFRONT and start her service
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPSJay
why not just have her make march, april, and june's payment UPFRONT and start her service
i have done that in the past with other customers. this lady just rubs me the wrong way. i need to take my business seriously, she will learn to take me seriously, or she will use someone else. either way, don't matter to me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.10193 seconds with 9 queries