Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2006, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ancillary Services

Most of us mowing guys make additional $ from our other services, such as seeding, aeration, mulching, flowers, etc. I am considering purchasing an aerator, and was wondering if any of you have experiences with a blue bird?

By the way, I am considering a WB 28" unit with free-wheeling tines on the left and right. I am a previous owner of a Plugr model, but did not like the fact that it would not climb hills very well. I just want to make sure that the blue bird (non-cam-driven) will perform as well, and not kick my rear-end, like some of the rental units.

Last edited by OnMyOwn; 09-18-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you want an aerator that is high production and easy to run look at the TurnAer from Turfco. I am 59 years old and can run one for hours. I ride behind mine on the chariot that comes with it. I can also take it off to walk the tight areas. YOu drive it with brakes. No back muscle needed. see it at Turfco.com or call 1800-679-8201 and get a CD
Old 09-22-2006, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take a look. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn
am a previous owner of a Plugr model, but did not like the fact that it would not climb hills very well. I just want to make sure that the blue bird (non-cam-driven) will perform as well, and not kick my rear-end, like some of the rental units.
I have a Plugr 800...I never go up or down hills with it or my Bluebird, rather go across a slope or hill.