Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-24-2006, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax blower/trimmer bogging when it's hot?

Anyone that is having hard to start problems and them running like crap when they get started; try pulling the yellow line out of the tank and plugging the hole going into the fuel tank with a screw/bolt. I tried this on my 8000 on Friday of last week and it has ran flawless ever since. I also did the same to my Redmax trimmer and it has ran perfect also. I just got of the phone with Redmax and told him about the problem and he said as soon as he gets my old blower back he is going to look into it and get back with me.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a fuel pump problem to me then. The pressure that is building up in the gas tank forces fuel up the inlet and with the yellow hose plugged it cannot be returned

I hope redmax finds a fix.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k1yzfr1
Anyone that is having hard to start problems and them running like crap when they get started; try pulling the yellow line out of the tank and plugging the hole going into the fuel tank with a screw/bolt. I tried this on my 8000 on Friday of last week and it has ran flawless ever since. I also did the same to my Redmax trimmer and it has ran perfect also. I just got of the phone with Redmax and told him about the problem and he said as soon as he gets my old blower back he is going to look into it and get back with me.
So which line did you disconect...the one to purge bulb or vent. I have been thinking about trying to find some cutoff to install in the gas lines to see if that helps in hot situations.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Disconnect the return line going into the tank from the carb. Today it was in the mid 80's and the blower never even hiccuped.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a sthil blower that does the same thing! Drives me NUTS on the days when it's over 80 or so. If it gets into the upper 90's I can almost forget about even trying to get it running.

Do you think there is any worry of dirt and junk getting up that return line and into the carb? I never use the primer (never found that it ever helps in the heat and never needs more than a few pulls to start in the cold) So the return line never really flows fuel through it anyway on mine.

Just trying to think of a suitable plug for the hole in the tank grommet and happened to think of one of those "goof plugs" used for drip irrigation that would likely be the right size to plug the hole...