Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Planters

This is what we have named people who have the uncontrolable need to constantly plant things.

I have a client, a wonderful fella, really. Everytime I go there he has something else planted, a tree, a shrub a flower. And, they all have little or no mulch ring protection around them.

He asked me last week about his plant placement. And, I gave him a few pointers and then told him the only ones that really bothered me were things planted so close to fixed objects I could not get my mower in there or ones planted in the middle "V" part of a ditch or ravene, because once again I couldn't get my mower in there and it caused a lot more line trimming.

I come back this week and there were FOUR, count them one two three four more tiny trees planted in the "V" part of the ravine. I could have spit.

He is a very nice man and I am sure what I said the previous week went in one ear and out the other. He was just making polite conversation for the sake of talking.

But, ohhh how frustrating it can be.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Man do I feel you. Although I am just getting into the business, my number one and first client was/is my parents. I'm out of college now, but a few years back we had to totally overhaul one side of the house because they put a pool in. During that year, I swear I didn't come home one weekend without there being a new plant either in the ground, or in a pot ready to be planted.

The same type of thing occured, as I was the one taking care of the landscape and lawn, I quickly got tired of having to remulch, edge, extend beds, yadda yadda. Finally, 100+ plants later, I think we've got that side of the house under control.