Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2006, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

The ENCORE PROWLER 61" & 72"

PROWLER EXCLUSIVE:
What separates the Encore PROWLER from the competition....The ONLY true floating deck on a mid mount rider (See inset picture)! Articulating, floating decks are an industry exclusive with Encore. Developed to “keep the cut” on uneven ground, this machine offers minimum scalping and
maximum stability.

Combining this with the industry's first drive shaft deck on a mid-mount rider and you have a mower that will go places others won't, hold side hills better, and give the best ride possible with the help of our standard full suspension seat.

How does it work? A pivot system allows both front wheels to maintain
ground contact over all kinds of terrain. Each side of the deck floats at a
level distance above the ground. The result? An even cut through the
whole job. How is this different...Imagine putting a tire on each one of the corners of a square frame like most every mower in the industry and running 10mph over rough terrain. If there are any bumps at all, one tire has to come off of the ground, thus bringing the deck with it.....Rough ride and a rougn cut! Encore pivots and mows to the contour of the land...smoothing out your ride and giving your customers a 'million dollar' cut!

Reduced bounce and more comfort are added benefits of the floating deck. Whether you’ve got a two-hour job, or you’re on the mower all day,
the Mid Cut Prowler gives a car-like ride for every job.

For more information on ENCORE Equipment, go to www.seriousred.com! Register to receive a full-line catalog or locate the nearest dealer for a demonstration!!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

ENCORE PROWLER 3-Bag Grass Catcher for 61" & 72"

FEATURES:
• 3-bag, 11 bushel – 61” & 72” sizes
• All steel impeller with steel reinforced blower housing
• High performance
• No extra engine required
• Counter flow design breaks up incoming material
• Easy to handle drop-in frames
• Reinforced heavy-duty bottom pans with handles
• Quick release blower mounting system
• Mesh fabric bags for better air flow

For more information on these mowers and others, go to www.seriousred.com! Don't forget to register to receive a full-line catalog or locate the nearest dealer to you!!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is the machine I like from you guys...

I guess I was the first on here to see the 'all-red' ones.
Saw one on a rep's trailer in my area.

Some time later we had one very small shop here (favorite mechanic works there) who took a couple mowers short-term and had them out front. I believe they were from another dealer.... Anyways, at that time I cut an account across the street from them, and when I became in the market for a new mower I had a look at the Prowler they had.

I was looking for replacements for the boat anchor's Yazoo/Kees mowers have became. But anyways, as I am looking over the mower, I see a LOT of paint peeling going on in different places on the unit... which sadly for you guys, I had just gone through on the newest Yazoo I had.

So I didn't walk away... I ran!
Peeling paint was still a real sore spot for me.

Anyways, I liked what I saw of the unit otherwise. So I am wondering if that issue was something you guys have caught on to and addresses... or was that somehow a fluke?

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Prowler

Good Afternoon!

As President of the company, I would have to say that was a rare circumstance? We have taken pride in the quality of our paint on our units and our supplier for many, many years!

If you have any more details on where the unit was and where it was peeling, I would like to know so that I could follow up.

I am also glad that you were impressed w/ the unit. I can guarantee you that you would be even more impressed with its performance!

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore Mfg.
Good Afternoon!

As President of the company, I would have to say that was a rare circumstance? We have taken pride in the quality of our paint on our units and our supplier for many, many years!

If you have any more details on where the unit was and where it was peeling, I would like to know so that I could follow up.

I am also glad that you were impressed w/ the unit. I can guarantee you that you would be even more impressed with its performance!

Thanks!

Good afternoon Mr President

How deep is the deck on the 60" out-front mower and is the blade speed 19,000.

Thank You John
Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore Mfg.
Good Afternoon!

Thanks!
Sure, I'll be glad to share that info with you....

First, this was some of the first of the "all red" units.

The first spot I noticed it was on the red portion of the seat pivot points. As I looked the machine over, I saw several other spots where the paint was peeling back.

The main thing to understand though I think is that it was peeling back from the edge of sharp corners. Like around the top edge of the deck and around other places with 90 degree corners or sheet metal edges.

Also understand that it was turning loose to the bare metal.

The mower was a 52" Prowler I believe, and it is long gone now. Basically I think how it goes (or went) is that the Encore distributor for this area of North Carolina is also a Shindawia distributor. At least that is what was all over the van I first saw pulling a load of the all red Encore's.

Anyways, this shop is out only Shindawia dealer in the area, and I believe they were trying to "work a deal" at the time. I think they brought up 2 or 3 units from an established Encore dealer. The reason I say that is they had that other dealer's stickers on them.

I believe they sat there most of the season while I was servicing the account across the street from them. Then one day the were all gone. I think they never sold and the shop never became a dealership. I think they just came and picked them up.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 09-29-2006, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
Good afternoon Mr President

How deep is the deck on the 60" out-front mower and is the blade speed 19,000.

Thank You John

BUMP
Old 09-30-2006, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

John,

I think the decks on the Encore riders are 5.5" deep... I think... LOL

Old 09-30-2006, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
John,

I think the decks on the Encore riders are 5.5" deep... I think... LOL

Thanks, i thought it would be easy for a president to find out?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Good Morning!

The depth of the PROWLER Decks are 5 1/2" and every one of our mowers try to get as close to the 19000 fpm blade tip speed as we can! Even our 34" Rider.....Thanks!