Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2006, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnsite=Education?

It seems like lawnsite is becoming the best tool for education in landscaping period. You get how to tips, bidding tips, the best way to do jobs, trouble shooting, and best of all you and talk to other people about situations. ITS ALL FREE TOO. I dont have to pay 12000 plus dollars a year! this was an observation I had the other day when I was reading! Anybody else feel the same way?
Old 04-21-2006, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its not bad.

Seems to be alot of "how much" threads....
Old 04-21-2006, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would disagree, there is no replacement for good education from industry experts like at local trade shows or university sponsored classes. What we have here is kind of the blind leading the deaf and blind, a broad spectrum of contractors trying to find their way sprinkled with a few well educated contributers. I would cautiously use advise given here, the longer I'm on the site the more I see misinformation given by people who have little experience them selves. Don't get me wrong there is some good advise too, but how would you know if your new to the industry. With that said thank you Sean its still a great site. Let the bombing begin.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

I wasn't saying I'm gonna quit school to read lawnsite all day long, I'm not that big of a loser. I was just sayin that there is some good info here and there that could help people.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcatservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener
I would disagree, there is no replacement for good education from industry experts like at local trade shows or university sponsored classes. What we have here is kind of the blind leading the deaf and blind, a broad spectrum of contractors trying to find their way sprinkled with a few well educated contributers. I would cautiously use advise given here, the longer I'm on the site the more I see misinformation given by people who have little experience them selves. Don't get me wrong there is some good advise too, but how would you know if your new to the industry. With that said thank you Sean its still a great site. Let the bombing begin.
I have to agree with you, there is a few prof. here and there is a hell of a lot of want a be contractors. I have been exav., building walls, and new yard installs quite a few years. When i read a post that a guy is building a wall or installing pavers and don't know how to figure base or stone, well what the hell is he doing out there ?
Mike
Old 04-23-2006, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Az. Gardner...no bombing gonna come from me. I have read thousands of posts, found a few guys who have their stuff together, called them and introduced myself.......and now we share ideas, war stories, and try to empower each other to move our businesses forward. Was it worth reading all the "fluff" to find some like minded pro's? For me, yes.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is no doubt that networking is invaluable. Having participated in internet message boards dialog for over 7 years, I have gained business alliances with a large quantity of competent contractors all over the country. Many of them I speak with on the phone or via direct connect on a weekly basis.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thing I love about LS is that once in a while someone will post something about a method to use or a particular tool and it's like , wow...that's amazing.
The rest of the time it is entertainment for me.