Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This sound like an Okay deal on a Encore Z

I was looking around today and stumbled up on a 2002 52" Encore prowler with a 22 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine with around 1000 hours on it for $3,000. Thats what their asking and the way the guy talked I could get it a few hundred less. It's been used commercially so it's a little rough looking but I mowed a large area with it and it ran good and cut great and seems to be a very good machine. They guy traded it in on a bigger one. It's been completely serviced and has new blades on it. So what do you think. I'm thinking about getting it.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Followell
I was looking around today and stumbled up on a 2002 52" Encore prowler with a 22 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine with around 1000 hours on it for $3,000. Thats what their asking and the way the guy talked I could get it a few hundred less. It's been used commercially so it's a little rough looking but I mowed a large area with it and it ran good and cut great and seems to be a very good machine. They guy traded it in on a bigger one. It's been completely serviced and has new blades on it. So what do you think. I'm thinking about getting it.
I don't see why not... I'd offer $2,000 and go up to say $2,500 before walking.

I've always liked the Prowler Mid-Cut and I like the newer all red ones even more.
But used and cheap like this one is the only way I would ever buy one.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

He said they gave the guy $2500 for it when he traded it in. I'm thinking of offering them that and go up to $2700 before I walk.

Why would you only buy one of these mowers used and cheap for? Why not a new one if you wanted one? No dealer?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, no dealer is part of it...

We have/had 2 dealers but neither have really kept and stock except the one or two they have had forever.

The other part is that I have just not heard much good on the service end about Encore. For those reasons there is just no way I would sink 9K and up in one of their Prowlers. Used for $2,500- $3,000 yeah maybe...

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Encore Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
Yeah, no dealer is part of it...

We have/had 2 dealers but neither have really kept and stock except the one or two they have had forever.

The other part is that I have just not heard much good on the service end about Encore. For those reasons there is just no way I would sink 9K and up in one of their Prowlers. Used for $2,500- $3,000 yeah maybe...
I understand your concerns w/ the local side of the service which is very important....However, I can assure you that whether you buy a new Prowler or a used one......We will get you the best service that we can. These aren't just mowers, they are the instrument by which our customers make their living and that is serious stuff.

So no matter if you are in NC (Wise Mid-State Distributing @ 910-892-1353) or in KY (RCH Distributing @ 800-821-1420), our representatives will do their very best in getting you taken care of through their dealer network!

If you have any questions of us hear at Encore, please feel free to call our Service Department with any questions........We don't know it isn't broke until someone tells us, so your input in this website and your phone calls are greatly appreciated in helping to get us where we want to be and this getting well represented in every area!

By the way....we have a forum here at Lawnsite, so come on by and check out some of our new equipment.....and ask any questions that come to mind!

Have a great spring!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now this is great!

It's good to have Encore here and we appreciate the sponsorship. Honestly, if a MFG wants to really move forward in strides... I really don't think there is a better resource for them than on-line forums. In places like this, if you hang around, you'll find out what you need to know about taking it to the next level... rather you want to hear it or not.

Anyways, I'll drop in your sponsor forum sometime...
Welcome to lawnsite!