Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2006, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

natty let me say this real slow so you can understand it,,,,,THAT PRODUCT WORKS,,,,you put it on and the weed dies in 1 day,,,,,,i use it all the time! if you want a product sheet its on their website at www.crabgrassalert.com,,,,,they sell it in 50 pound bags for a ton cheaper than the 2 pound bottle. i guess you keep waiting for someone to spoon feed you all the info,,,,,im not the guy to do that for you.

YOU are aplying the crap,,,,cgm is crap its a dream product,,,,people hope it works,,,,,show me 1 ounce of any proof from anyone it works! I can look out my window and see the other product work,,,,,so how is it crap?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok natty i decided i will help you get their msds sheet. just scroll down and print it off.

http://www.crabgrassalert.com/professional.html
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am going to make a suggestion that you both can try. Mycorrizhial innocculation. You have to inject the product into the ground at and below the root level. A drench or simply spraying on top of the ground wont work. Most weedy grasses dont form a mycor association but turf grasses do. The end result is a thicker healther root zone for the turf grasses and a depressed root zone for the weedy grasses. The end result is that the turf grasses will choke out the weedy grasses. Now this wont happen overnite but is a longer term cure for your weed problems. Other side benefits are a thicker turf that is also more disease/drought resistance. Innoculation cost are around $20 per acre for materials and add your labor rates. Of course you will probably lose income from the procedure since you wont have to repeat the applications every few weeks or even every year. You also dont have to worry about over application rates, what isnt used will lay dormant in the soil until it is contacted by the roots of a mycorr associating plant.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

good deal muddstopper. in florida most of our customers want immediate gratification so maybe using both together would be a good idea?
also much of the water is processed here with tons of chemicals,,,,,,i was told that the chlorine would kill the micoriz as soon as it hits it,,,,is that true?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I cant answer about the chlorine, but Mycor. isnt harmed by most insecticides or herbicides. I do know that a lot of the golf courses around Hilton Head SC us mycorrhyziea on their courses. For exsisting turf, Plant Health Care makes a product called Mycorrnase, (sp) that is a root extract that stimulates mycor growth of mycor spores that already exsist in the soil. this can be applied as a drench or as a injection. It isnt approved for a totally organic program, even tho it is a organic chemical or enyzme that occurs natually in the roots of 95% of all plants in the world. I have also seen research that supports the disease suppression of certain turf diseases as a direct result of the yucca wetting agent used to help the mycorrnase get into the soil. PHC doesnt sell the Yucca for that purpose simply because of the expense of labeling as a pesticide. If you chose to use the mycornase with yucca wetting agent as an injectable, you can also add the VAM mycorr spores at the time of injection to give a faaster mycorr establishment. Vam spores are to big to be applied as a drench, they will never work their way down ito the soil, are killed by direct sunlite, and sensitive to temperatures above 115 degrees. Which is why you never find live spores in compost or compost teas.

JFinfo, There are about 150 different species of VAM, and endomycorrhyzea. the estabilshment is very slow since they are below ground and dont translocate thru the soil. One study showed that it took 14 years for an innoculated site to travel only 20ft thru the soil to non innoculated sites. Which is why it is extremely important to innoculate new plantings on disturbed soil. Innoculation procedures is usually below ground injections approx 16 inches apart. Establishment with actual VAM spores instead of root sections gives the fastest response and establishment rates. the VAM spores have to be placed in or near the root zone so that the roots can grow into the Vam before establishment will occur. VAM doesnt move thru the soil and depends on roots bumping into it before it can inhabit the host plant. VAM is also a ***** and doesnt care which plants it attaches to, so variteity isnt as important as number of spores.

the opposite is true of ectomychorrhizia, There are over 2500 different species of ecto. The ecto is host specific, translocates thru the soil and thru the wind by way of puff balls in the forest floors and is usually found on woody plants, so it isnt appropriate for turf areas. Some VAM on the other hand will associate with woody plants.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Al
ok natty i decided i will help you get their msds sheet. just scroll down and print it off.

http://www.crabgrassalert.com/professional.html
I'm so tired of pissing matches and the same posts from you. So, CGM didn't work for you. Did you research it or use it for consecutive seasons, apply at correct rates?

One look at the Crabgrass Alert website with it's cute logo and I'm sold! They dance around everything and never tell you what it is. That being said, I will order a bottle and test it alongside the Green Guardian this Spring.

By the way, the link to the MSDS no worky. I tried with Explorer, Safari and Firefox in case it was browser dependent. I doubt it will ever be up.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

natty im really not trying to have a "pissing match with you"

im the kind of guy that busts it down hard, im sorry if i came off that way,,,,,i have given you the opportunity for you to post something/anything from anyone that says/proves cgm actually works in preventing crabgrass seeds from germinating.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go here: http://www.gluten.iastate.edu/
Read anything on there in particular: The Use of Corn Gluten Meal As A Natural Preemergence Weed Control in Turf

No offense, I really wasn't looking to find any proof for you. You spout the same things over and over again and make it look like I'm the one not doing any research. I will buy a bottle of your Crabgrass Alert and test it alongside of the GG (good results so far). Funny thing is when things don't pan out for you (no clue of ingredients, MSDS doesn't work) you totally ignore and harp on the same old thing. I honestly don't care what you think. "You bust it down hard" for the junk product you have to sell and everything else doesn't work, no university testing (even though CGM was developed at Iowa State), blah blah blah,. So be it. I don't give a $h!t what you have to say. I'm sure a lot of people on this site feel the same way about me.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

natty your a typical distributor of products,,,,you obviously know nothing about these products in the real world.

that website is not mine. and how would you know if its junk you have never used it? the msds printable sheet works fine you must be computer challenged.

real distributors handle that product,,,,Pro Source,,,,Verticon,,,,Pennington Seed,,,,BWI Distributors,,,,,im suprised an awesome distributor like yourself hasnt jumped on it also? oh yeah your to busy trying to find a reason not to use it.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not the distributor of the products. I'm the one out there using them and letting the sales people and customers know what works and what doesn't.

I'm not computer challenged. I have a Mac and the msds doesn't show up on that or my gf's Winblows machine or my work comp either.