Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-29-2006, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Everybody's lazy!

What is it with nobody wanting to work anymore! Just got a call last night to inform me that my helper won't been in anymore! Everybody is so lazy now days.We do two three small landscape jobs a week and cut 10 to 15 lawns on Wed,Thurs,Fri! Weekends off, is that two much to ask!Just had to vent

Just Cuts
Lawn Maintenance
& Landscaping
Old 04-29-2006, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just Cuts
What is it with nobody wanting to work anymore! Just got a call last night to inform me that my helper won't been in anymore! Everybody is so lazy now days.We do two three small landscape jobs a week and cut 10 to 15 lawns on Wed,Thurs,Fri! Weekends off, is that two much to ask!Just had to vent
Your looking at it through your business eyes and not the helpers eyes. Your making a big assumption that he is lazy when he is looking for something that pays more money for less stress on the body.

That is called working smarter not harder and getting paid more and I call that an ambitious person to better themselves.

Remember mowing is an easy job to learn (along with flipping hamburgers) so you will get lots of teenagers and other older job jumpers working for you unless you hire guest workers.

You really want to hire someone who doesn't have any ambition to go to college or trade school but still has decent smarts and will accept a lower standard of living than most people since they won't be making much money at cutting grass.

Give BobbyGedd a call he works in NJ and doesn't have many customers since he keeps loosing them I bet he works real cheap. He might even use his own equipment if you don't mind seeing another LCO pulling 20 year old equipment behind a station wagon.

Bill

Last edited by DLS1; 04-29-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS1

Give BobbyGedd a call he works in NJ and doesn't have many customers since he keeps loosing them I bet he works real cheap. He might even use his own equipment if you don't mind seeing another LCO pulling 20 year old equipment behind a station wagon.

Naw, besides pissing off all the customers Bobby would bog you down with bureaucracy and demand a union ....