Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2006, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

briggs and stratton 16 hp twin

hello everyone im new to this site and i think this is were im sopposed to post but anyways i have a 16 hp twin briggs @stratton and it keeps running messed up thecarb is one of those vacum ones with no sediment bowl or floats and i really dont no how to work on them but it keeps dieing at full throtle like when you turn the blades on it shuts off but every once in a while it runs great then when your mowing it will shut off untill you pull the choke out half way then it runs just enough to cut grass but not tlike it should aand at an idle it runs ok but shuts off im thinking something is wrong with the carbarator but i cant figure it out any help will be great thanks guys, justin

o yah i changed the pluggs, gas, gas filter, air filter, pickup, flywheel, and rebuilt the carb on it
Old 05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolejustin
hello everyone im new to this site and i think this is were im sopposed to post but anyways i have a 16 hp twin briggs @stratton and it keeps running messed up thecarb is one of those vacum ones with no sediment bowl or floats and i really dont no how to work on them but it keeps dieing at full throtle like when you turn the blades on it shuts off but every once in a while it runs great then when your mowing it will shut off untill you pull the choke out half way then it runs just enough to cut grass but not tlike it should aand at an idle it runs ok but shuts off im thinking something is wrong with the carbarator but i cant figure it out any help will be great thanks guys, justin

o yah i changed the pluggs, gas, gas filter, air filter, pickup, flywheel, and rebuilt the carb on it
thanks for the help guys its the only mower i have and it really sucks would someone please help i still do a little side jobs but i dont do it every day and i cant do anything with it any help would be great
Old 05-04-2006, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

could you please include the (approximately) appropriate punctuation in you next post? you know, these things: .,?:;'! , etc. they make it much easier to read. also, since you are a self-confessed newbie, you will be more likely to get an answer if you post this type of question in the mechanics' forum.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

i cant be of any help to you, but i do have one of those engines and would like to know how you fixed it, when you fix it.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a brand new carb