Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2006, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Turf Tracer?

I'm just starting up my business and can only afford to purchase 1 new commercial mower. Since I know some of my accounts will have some hills with a grade greater than 15% I will need a W/B. I was originally going to get a Lazer Z or XS 60" with 30 or 31 engine, however, I think buying the TT 52" with a 23HP would give me more versatility with a variety of accounts (steep grades).

(1) My main question is how is the TT with the optional standon for those long flat open cuts? I had seen a picture of John Gamba's TT and it looked like he another type of system on the the back of his for riding? (2) How is the power on the TT 52" with a 23 Kohler, is it plenty of power ( I like to have more than enough)? How is it with mulching and bagging? I orignally liked the Lazer Z because of the awesome ultral vac system which sucked everything up for a very clean looking property, will the TT do the same? Any other general comments about the TT 52" are appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!
Andy
Old 04-30-2006, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the eXmark mulch kit can be a pita to put on and take off (like 10 bolts) but it does work very nicely. You will not get the bagging performance as good as the Lazer because you can only put on the side bagger on it. You could put on a Trac-Vac to get better vacuum performance though. If you do get a side bagger, make sure to get an aluminum one and not a metal one, the aluminum ones are quite a bit lighter.

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Andy,
I personally dont own a TT, yet. The proslides are a great ride on. They leave a great stripe. Personally, I wouldnt buy the Exmark velkie because it is only a single wheel. It leaves another tire mark in the stripe and it could rut the lawn if the grass is wet. As far as power goes, its plenty of power. We have a LazerHP with a 23 horse, and its enough power 95% of the time. It doesnt have enough sometimes in taller, wet growth. For bagging, like mcw said the trac-vac is about the best you can get on a walkbehind, in my own opinion.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both machines mentioned in your post. My TTHP is a 48" cut and I have the bagging and mulching system for this machine. They both do a very good job. I think the 52" TTHP would be a great all around mower. I have a pro one sulky which is a two wheeled sulky and I like it. I think any of the pro grade ride ons for the TTHP would do a good job. Let us know what you decide on.....Good Luck..
Old 04-30-2006, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by o-so-n-so
I have both machines mentioned in your post. My TTHP is a 48" cut and I have the bagging and mulching system for this machine. They both do a very good job. I think the 52" TTHP would be a great all around mower. I have a pro one sulky which is a two wheeled sulky and I like it. I think any of the pro grade ride ons for the TTHP would do a good job. Let us know what you decide on.....Good Luck..
Not to start anything, but isnt' the Velke Pro One the one wheeled version and the Velke X2 the two wheeled version?

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfsolutionsmfg
Get a front runner and use the EZ Applicator. Add an additional 15K to your income per year!

Is this spam or what??
Old 04-30-2006, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwlandscaping
the eXmark mulch kit can be a pita to put on and take off (like 10 bolts) but it does work very nicely. You will not get the bagging performance as good as the Lazer because you can only put on the side bagger on it. You could put on a Trac-Vac to get better vacuum performance though. If you do get a side bagger, make sure to get an aluminum one and not a metal one, the aluminum ones are quite a bit lighter.
The exmark kit is a breeze to put on compaired to the scag!!

I wish I could use the kit all year, but the spring growth is just too much. The deck gets completely packed after a couple lawns.

The TT is an awsome machine, especially with the pro slide!! I like it more than my Tiger cub!!

Last edited by PTOhioMower; 04-30-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My "Pro One" sulky is a two wheeled model. Your right though...The "Velke" pro one is a single wheel. We are talking about two different ride ons................you trouble maker.