Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2006, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

36" toro t bar hydro

Just wondering if you guys liked this mower and how is the tru trac sulky? Electric Start, Floating Deck. Thanks for any opinions
Old 05-02-2006, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I don't know about the 36". I had the a Toro 44" hydro. I loved the t bar control. As far as the Tru track sulky goes I didn't like it. I had used a Velkye on it for several years and had some issues with it. So I bought the tru track, way different in how it works . I used it until I traded the Toro in a Stander. Anyway what I liked about it was that you could move your feet around a bit instead of being locked into the Velkye. That's it for what I liked about it. Cons: heavy, had to add weights to the front to keep it from poping up, hard to keep mower going straight, the fixed attachment Tru track wants to steer the mower, because of the fixed attachment you can't lift the front up hight enough to get at the blades because the the bar hits the ground. I'd look at something else. I traded in the Toro with the tru track. I kept the Velkye for use with the backup 32" Toro I have.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks

I believe this is a 2004 model as well anymore info???
Old 05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Be sure to test a toro t bar hydro before buying. I had a 44" (2003?) and it was front heavy and the hydros were jumpy. I bought it slightly used and sold it myself after a couple of months. I could see why the original owner dumped it. Not terrible, just took too much steering attention to keep from spinning tires and in a straight line. Might be better with the smaller deck though. I could never get it adjusted the way I wanted it.