Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-03-2006, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

ouch, Ran over my REDMAX trimmer

the new 2005 30cc Redmax brushcutter/trimmer strait shaft i got late last year, ive used it once for brushcutting for 2hrs, and it was good with a blade, since then it sucks for trimming, its a dog until its wide open... i took it to the dealer and they told me that i needed to run it 75% wide open... like yeah, ill knock down peoples foundations then.

i took it out of my truck and didnt realize it was so close to my trailer, puleld the trailer forward a few feet, on the grass, and ran the sucker over, snapped the boom at the clutch housing and ran over the whole motor and all. Motor is fine it looks, gaurds took the brunt of it, but the shaft and boom are snapped in half things always been a big POS. its NOTHING like my new redmax edger thats 26cc. oh well, off to the dealer to get a quote to fix the $380 trimmer.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

once you have run over enough equipment you will learn as I have that you never set tools in the driveway behind/in front of/or near your vehicle/trailer nor a customers.

you will also learn not to ever leave the tailgate down while the trailer with a screw jack is hitched to the truck.

GEO
Old 05-03-2006, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogunn
once you have run over enough equipment you will learn as I have that you never set tools in the driveway behind/in front of/or near your vehicle/trailer nor a customers.

you will also learn not to ever leave the tailgate down while the trailer with a screw jack is hitched to the truck.

GEO

Me and my crew are still working on remembering to be sure wire harness from trailer to truck is unplugged before pulling the truck away. This is evidently a very complicated maneuver, twice in the past 7 months .

James
Old 05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogunn

GEO
Just happened to me now I need a new tailgate.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullawns
Just happened to me now I need a new tailgate.
you have begun your journey down the path of enlightenment, my son........

GEO