Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mule drive belt adjstment on Lazer

For those of you who have a full size Lazer I would like your input on this. I've had several Lazers and am very familiar with the belt adjustment for the mule drive. It seems that in the past after a few hundred hours the belt would have to be adjusted to between the two holes in the frame that is the guide. I have a brand new Lazer and after 5 hrs I had to adjust the belt so much that I have no adjustment left. Now after two hours it looks like the pulley is once again heading toward the bottom hole on the guide. I used the Exmrk site with this question but they seemed to think I didn't know how to adjust it. Since my adjustment is already maxed out what happens as this belt continues to stretch out. My dealer said they have belts in stock and not to worry about it. I've never had a belt come off, but I've never had one do this before. Anybody else have this. Perhaps it won't come off.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

We have 700hrs on ares and i was told when the belt broke last week that there is a new belt you have to get and new idler spring kit and move the torsion links in 3 turns i think and pull the deck back to make the new belt fit. The reason is to put more tenson on the belt so it doesn't come off or need adjustments done so often. We have a 27hp lc w/72"cut! hope maybe this will help talk to your dealer. It was told to me this is under warntany