Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't "make" money...I 'earn' it...
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL Inc
No, I don't think it did...

Please explain then.
An entrepeneur is someone who takes a prospective employee to a hillside overlooking a great estate, points to the mansion, the swimming pool, the stables, the tennis courts and says, " If you come with me and work your butt off, someday, all of this WILL BE MINE" - Harvey Mackay
Old 05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok bobby, how much do you charge an hour when you go out on a job solo?
An entrepeneur is someone who takes a prospective employee to a hillside overlooking a great estate, points to the mansion, the swimming pool, the stables, the tennis courts and says, " If you come with me and work your butt off, someday, all of this WILL BE MINE" - Harvey Mackay
Old 05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
pga- spoken like a true amatuer. those guys are on the timeclock, aint they, for the ride over? those guys are on the timeclock, aint they, when they have to stop and pee. those guys are on the timeclock, aint they, loading and unloading the equipment? matching taxes, accounting/payroll fees......smarten up kid.....$35 an hour will send you to the poor house
Question #1...No
#2...No
#3...Yes

You better smarten up bobby...If they put 4 guys on the job for 1 hour that is $140/hr...Pay each man $10/hr and you just made $100/hr, well above your $1/minute...Damn near twice that...and he didn't have to lift a finger...top that
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA
Does it matter? I charge (and get) $55/hr tho...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
Question #1...No
#2...No
#3...Yes

You better smarten up bobby...If they put 4 guys on the job for 1 hour that is $140/hr...Pay each man $10/hr and you just made $100/hr, well above your $1/minute...Damn near twice that...and he didn't have to lift a finger...top that
no YOU BETTER smarten up. unless u have those guys working non stop on site all day long, every day, you''ll get your but whooped
Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA
when i go solo? it can vary anywhere from $50-$150 an hour. BUT, genius, on myself, i don't pay- matching payroll taxes, workman's comp, or payroll fees. when u get employees, you'll understand, till then, don't even try
Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
Does it matter? I charge (and get) $55/hr tho...

Obviously it does. Youre charging $55.00 an hour. How much are you bringing home? You can drop over 30% of that right off the bat for taxes. IF youre doing it legally. Now your down to $38.00. Then knock off expenses like gas, insurance, maintenance. Your probably bringing home $25.00 an hour.

Remember, this is all if youre doing it LEGALLY.

And would you look at that. That 25.00 is less then the guy charging $35.00 a man hour in my other scenario.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA
Obviously it does. Youre charging $55.00 an hour. How much are you bringing home? You can drop over 30% of that right off the bat for taxes. IF youre doing it legally. Now your down to $38.00. Then knock off expenses like gas, insurance, maintenance. Your probably bringing home $25.00 an hour.

Remember, this is all if youre doing it LEGALLY.

And would you look at that. That 25.00 is less then the guy charging $35.00 a man hour in my other scenario.
I'm legal buddy...insurance, workmans comp, the works ...You obviously do not know what it takes to make a living. If you think a guy charging $35/hr is doing better than a guy charging $55/hr, you don't know math too well...not to mention that when you are legit expenses come out of the company, NOT my pocket...

Deductions, deductions, deductions...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

bobbby first time im not agreeing with you

if he working 40 hours a week he mking "72k a year" not many jobs out there paying 72k a year and if he has 5 trucks all day im sure he making more money than you or I with only 1 route charging more hourly

not everyone for some reason is out there to become filthy rich they are happy making $50k a year and living a basic life