Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLandscapes
bobbby first time im not agreeing with you

if he working 40 hours a week he mking "72k a year" not many jobs out there paying 72k a year and if he has 5 trucks all day im sure he making more money than you or I with only 1 route charging more hourly

not everyone for some reason is out there to become filthy rich they are happy making $50k a year and living a basic life
50k is poverty buddy.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
I'm legal buddy...insurance, workmans comp, the works ...You obviously do not know what it takes to make a living. If you think a guy charging $35/hr is doing better than a guy charging $55/hr, you don't know math too well...not to mention that when you are legit expenses come out of the company, NOT my pocket...

Deductions, deductions, deductions...

Slow down buddy. I never said you werent doing it legally. Im not attacking you at all. Im trying to explain how this is working. There is nothing wrong with my math. Go back and reread what I posted. All scenarios and companies are different.
An entrepeneur is someone who takes a prospective employee to a hillside overlooking a great estate, points to the mansion, the swimming pool, the stables, the tennis courts and says, " If you come with me and work your butt off, someday, all of this WILL BE MINE" - Harvey Mackay
Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
50k is poverty buddy.

Actually its not. I believe the poverty line is somewhere around $9,000 a year.
An entrepeneur is someone who takes a prospective employee to a hillside overlooking a great estate, points to the mansion, the swimming pool, the stables, the tennis courts and says, " If you come with me and work your butt off, someday, all of this WILL BE MINE" - Harvey Mackay
Old 05-03-2006, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
excuse me? you charge the client hourly, FOR THE TIME SPENT ON THIER PROPERTY, not the travel time, etc. smarten up
Again, you are no business man charging to get to the job. You are a thief when that happens. You are robbing the client...

Lets see it takes FIVE minutes to get there from here...lets stop, have lunch on the way and stop at the equipment dealers place (which is also on the way) and chat for about 1/2 hour and by the time we get to the clients property (wich SHOULD have taken only 5 minutes) we can charge an additional HOUR...

One word...THIEF...one more word...LIAR...saying it took you an hour. You are very unethical and it is fools like you that are bringing this country to its knees...
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 05-03-2006, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
50k is poverty buddy.

yea maybe in beverly hills but if husband and wife both making 50k a year they making 100k total incase ur math is a lil bad

you can live in any state in the US with a combined 100k a year or who knows maybe his wife is a lawyer making 250k a year and he doesnt like seeing her ugly a$$ and would rather cut grass 12 hours a day

i live in the 13th richest town in the US in 2005 and the avg household income was either 113 or 130k a year
Old 05-03-2006, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yea, whatever. you girls argue amoungst yourselves. i need a bath, and few more brewskies, then mom's gonna clip my toenails, which usually leads to...well, you know. the girl just finds my toes irresistable, what can i say. later
Old 05-03-2006, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
Again, you are no business man charging to get to the job. You are a thief when that happens. You are robbing the client...

Lets see it takes FIVE minutes to get there from here...lets stop, have lunch on the way and stop at the equipment dealers place (which is also on the way) and chat for about 1/2 hour and by the time we get to the clients property (wich SHOULD have taken only 5 minutes) we can charge an additional HOUR...

One word...THIEF...one more word...LIAR...saying it took you an hour. You are very unethical and it is fools like you that are bringing this country to its knees...
ethics are for poor people lol jk
Old 05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
yea, whatever. you girls argue amoungst yourselves. i need a bath, and few more brewskies, then mom's gonna clip my toenails, which usually leads to...well, you know. the girl just finds my toes irresistable, what can i say. later

Is it Wednesday already?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awww bobby...stay here and play...
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 05-03-2006, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
saw a competitors contract the other day. this "competitor" has 5 trucks, heavy equipment, top of the line stuff. his hourly rate on his contract was.....$35 per man hour. what a joke. how the hell do u people make any money?
What was his Machine Hr rate? Operator in the skid is being billed at $35 an hr and probable another $60 an hr for the machine. Man hrs don't mean anything because man with out machines are useless.