Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
AintNoFun AintNoFun is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,771
ahh solid $10 an hour. someones either paying cash or doesn't know the cost of doing business!!!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
You better smarten up bobby...If they put 4 guys on the job for 1 hour that is $140/hr...Pay each man $10/hr and you just made $100/hr, well above your $1/minute...Damn near twice that...and he didn't have to lift a finger...top that
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:37 PM
bobbygedd bobbygedd is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,188
tell him aintnofun! these people are in fairy land. in a perfect world, $35 pmh would be fine, so long as all day, is spent on that time clock. but, condsider travel time, rain slowdowns, and unexpected stuff (breakdowns, etc) that $35 turns into china mans pay real quick
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:52 PM
MJM MJM is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 48
Don't know Bobby......

My billable is $35/hr....I seem to be doing pretty good for myself.

Mark
__________________
MJM Landscaping Inc.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Splicer's Avatar
Splicer Splicer is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blanchester, Ohio
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun
ahh solid $10 an hour. someones either paying cash or doesn't know the cost of doing business!!!!!
And apparently that someone is you... MY equipment, MY trucks, MY fuel, MY insurance...$10/hr is fair wage to ride a mower for a 17 year old that has no expenses...
__________________
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Splicer's Avatar
Splicer Splicer is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blanchester, Ohio
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
tell him aintnofun! these people are in fairy land. in a perfect world, $35 pmh would be fine, so long as all day, is spent on that time clock. but, condsider travel time, rain slowdowns, and unexpected stuff (breakdowns, etc) that $35 turns into china mans pay real quick
bobby!!! You decided to not get your toenails clipped tonight!!!
__________________
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
CutInEdge Lawn Care's Avatar
CutInEdge Lawn Care CutInEdge Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deltona, Fl
Posts: 678
I compare it to driving. Speed limit is 70 but with all the lane changing, grandmas, etc.. by the time you get to your destination you averaged 55. If you shoot for $80/hr by the time you drive, eat, pee, return calls, go on estimates your averaging $45-5o/hr. If he is billing $35/hr he is selling labor only. I guess I didnt see in the orignial post where he was billing per man per hour. The ad came across to me that he was charging a flat $35/hr no matter how many gringos were unloaded. Just my .o2stupids
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 PM
CutInEdge Lawn Care's Avatar
CutInEdge Lawn Care CutInEdge Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deltona, Fl
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
And apparently that someone is you... MY equipment, MY trucks, MY fuel, MY insurance...$10/hr is fair wage to ride a mower for a 17 year old that has no expenses...

What do you mean no expenses. You listed equipment, trucks,fuel, ins. Do these things grow on trees where you live. If so can you send me one of those trees. Been looking all my life for one of those. Oh if you happen to have a money tree send one of those too. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Splicer's Avatar
Splicer Splicer is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blanchester, Ohio
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutInEdge Lawn Care
I compare it to driving. Speed limit is 70 but with all the lane changing, grandmas, etc.. by the time you get to your destination you averaged 55. If you shoot for $80/hr by the time you drive, eat, pee, return calls, go on estimates your averaging $45-5o/hr. If he is billing $35/hr he is selling labor only. I guess I didnt see in the orignial post where he was billing per man per hour. The ad came across to me that he was charging a flat $35/hr no matter how many gringos were unloaded. Just my .o2stupids
The topic title...
__________________
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Splicer's Avatar
Splicer Splicer is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blanchester, Ohio
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutInEdge Lawn Care
What do you mean no expenses. You listed equipment, trucks,fuel, ins. Do these things grow on trees where you live. If so can you send me one of those trees. Been looking all my life for one of those. Oh if you happen to have a money tree send one of those too. Thanks
READ man READ

I said the guy PAYS $10/hr to a 17 year old that has NO expenses. ALL expenses come out of my poc...aaaaah, whats the use
__________________
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
AintNoFun AintNoFun is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,771
so your actually paying the 17 year old $6 plus an hour AFTER you pay your 30+% labor burden?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer
...$10/hr is fair wage to ride a mower for a 17 year old that has no expenses...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.10057 seconds with 7 queries