Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Set a personal best # of yards today

25 yards Alone.

Both of my people on the other crew called in today.

Well actually one called in, puking. I can only assume the other one is dead seeing as he lives next door and still couldn't get in touch with me.

Anyway. My route for the day was 9 yards. 1 @ an acre, 2 @ 1/2 acre and the rest 1/4 acre. A fairly easy day

The other route 17 @ 1/4 acre all mow and blow. time consuming but easy.

Well long story short, I had the priviledge of doing ALL of them SOLO, after I made a run to the dump. The trailer was already loaded. I got all of them done except one. I will catch that one first thing in the morning. My cold started getting to me and 12 hours is long enough when your starting to get sick.

It sucked but it was really nice to find out that I can do it alone in a pinch.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Senior Moderator

You'll sleep good tonight.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good Job

I had a good one today too. I knocked out 18 yards. Most were 15K sq ft. But, I had about 4 or 5 that were 3/4 acres with mucho hills and trees (slow go). And, there was at least 1 hour of drive time involved too.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are you guys using, I did 6 yesterday, 9 today lol.
You sure they're 1/4 acres, or is that the total lot acreage with the house and the driveway and the flower beds and the woods?
My god, if I start bidding lawn at prices based on actual lot acres, I'd make out like a bandit on those acre places where half is woods...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

That's how you take care of your customers!!!!!!!! It's often suprising what can be done when you just do it.............Can I ask what you grossed?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
What are you guys using, I did 6 yesterday, 9 today lol.
You sure they're 1/4 acres, or is that the total lot acreage with the house and the driveway and the flower beds and the woods?
My god, if I start bidding lawn at prices based on actual lot acres, I'd make out like a bandit on those acre places where half is woods...
I always quote total lot size.

And that is why I use 2 ZTR's 60" and 36". speed makes up for lack of labor.

Using WB mowers, I would still be out there.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ricochet
That's how you take care of your customers!!!!!!!! It's often suprising what can be done when you just do it.............Can I ask what you grossed?
I run most of my stuff monthly not by the cut, but roughly $830-890. If my cold clouded head is doing math properly.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Alota "supermen" around here ... musta flew lawn equipment from job to job... lol
Old 05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraZZmaZter
Alota "supermen" around here ... musta flew lawn equipment from job to job... lol
Nope just determined to get them done and stay at least within striking distance of the schedule. Well that and a 12 hour day.

I was down 2 from the schedule and got them and todays stuff done today. So just need to limp thru tomorrow and then get some rest. Recruited my dad in as a helper today and got a new employee to replace the no show one. All in all it wasn't a bad day. +/- 9 acres of grass over 16 properties. One irrigation repair just a pop up replacement (the fired guy hit it with the mower last week, I don't know how). One adjustment of zones on another irrigation system and weed control application on 7 properties. But only a 9 hour day today.