Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2006, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Starting to work on my new web site

Just getting around to working on my new website. My whole goal here is to only provide a web site with the basics, and not much more. A page about us ... maybe a gallery page with a few photos ... a page briefly listing our services ... and maybe a "pay-on-line" page later on. Anything more to me would be just more boring stuff for someone to get lost in anyway.

Give me your feedback on the little I have gotten done so far.

Prestige Landscape Management

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 05-13-2006, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's pretty pro so far, really nice and squared away.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

It looks really good. I'm impressed.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It looks good ! What software are you using ?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:21 AM
LawnSite Member

It looks nice, clean cut very professional. It would probably look better if the pictures changed for each page it looks like the text is opening up in an iframe. If you can make a quote form you might as well make a contact form as well. It looks more professional and is a lot easy on current and prospective customers. I'm not sure what that link at the top "Davidson-Select.com" is for but the blue text hurt my eyes a little and doesn't match anything on the page. Overall the site looks good and loads blazingly fast, you did a good job.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the pics your pics of your lawns or generic?
I like the "personal touch".
We are just starting our website and hope to show my guys working for our customers. We have already used 2 customers in the pics. The cheesy customer satisfaction pics are fun and the customer feels priveleged that you wanted them on your site! Just an idea.....other than that the site you have looks very nice..

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the site - it is very clean, easy to follow, and good choice of colors.

I do have a couple of comments - the pictures should actually be resized to fit the location you have them. Currently it seems that you've uploaded pictures that are too large and they are being smushed to fit in the spot. When you smush them like that they become blurry. For instance the picture you have of the house is actually this size:
http://prestigelandscapemgt.com/imag..._nq2k_2x3z.jpg
and not the smaller size it should be.

Or the picture of .. uh, some sort of pond?
http://prestigelandscapemgt.com/images/p4224704.jpg

Also, in your Request a Quote page, the table holding the form is too large so it is shifting the entire page out of proportion. So if you click on the Request a Quote link and then click on Contact Us you will see how the Davidson-select.com link moves.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice start. But somehow when clicking on your page links, I ended up with 4 new pages opened to your site. Check your <a href....> tags and make sure they open in same browser window. Site could use a little more information about what you do. Other than that your off to a nice start.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Sponsor

As a basic site, I like the clean look and the neutral (but tasteful) colors, although it is a little boxy and you might not be perceived as being in the same league as your competitors that have more sophisticated flash features and a more creative use of images.

Also, while I hear your preference for a minimal site – "Anything more to me would be just more boring stuff for someone to get lost in anyway." there are a few very good reasons to include a greater quantity of text (and pages).

1. More text describing your services will be scored higher with the search engines and improve search emgine ranking.

2. Assuming that you are targeting high-end homeowners and business people, you must know that these are well-educated people. More and more, these people are spending more time on websites and value sites that provide useful information. They might be very interested to hear more details on the what, where, how and why you do your landscape maintenance.