Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-25-2006, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey PJ, any updates? I was just called by a regional property manager yesterday who received a call from a nit picking condo owner about strips I have left in a field. They just fired their previous contractor and we got the job. Didn't make us look to good, and we cant double cut 12 acres =(.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Member

SAME uncut grass problem

I am also having this problem. i cut at a slow speed, seems to be worse on thick lush turf (which is most of my customers. requires double cutting almost every property, every time). i have tried taking out the baffle on the left side, and that didn't make much difference. brand new blades, no difference. the mower only has 16 hours on it. what a disappointment. i hope that Hustler will resolve the problem and make it right with all the customers that have this going on.

only a few guys locally are running the XR7. can't get much feedback on this end.

how do we keep up to date on what Hustler's plan is going to be?

jeff
Old 05-26-2006, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I spoke to the factory today, and they said they believe they have a fix. Apparently it is some kind of baffle that redirects the air flow. I am not brimming with confidence. I wonder if it will adversely effect the air flow and discharge as it will alter what presumeably is a great design. I was hopeing the deck would make it so clippings are very fine, but it sounds like others are double cutting a great deal. In my demo, I can see why double cuttings would be neccesary. I wonder if the deck flows grass so well, that it is not cutting the clippings very fine, similar to the old Super Flow decks. Does everyone have to double cut to make the grass disapear? Has anyone tried double blades, and if so what was the result?

Thanks
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.” - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-26-2006, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see deck sizes listed. What deck size are you experiencing this problem with?

Hint: If you put this info in your signature.....
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 05-28-2006, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The bolt in piece is in the works and will be sent to anyone that has a problem with the cut.
There are a couple LS members who have posted in this thread that are using it and are happy with the results.
As I have more info in the coming week I will post it.

Pj
Old 05-28-2006, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant
The bolt in piece is in the works and will be sent to anyone that has a problem with the cut.
There are a couple LS members who have posted in this thread that are using it and are happy with the results.
As I have more info in the coming week I will post it.

Pj
When would be the earliest you could send them out? We are heading back to that condo this wednesday, I went and bought a new ferris to cut with since the XR7 thus far isnt cutting the grass to our, or our customers satisfaction =(.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I am having the same problem with my 36" trimstar!!! Leaving strips of grass. Wish now I would have bought a Turf Tracer HP. But will be happy if they can fix this problem because the mower stripes great!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Will the dealers have this bolt on piece already installed on all new machines or will we have to order this?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

All the information I have currently is what I have posted.
As I get more info I will post it.

Pj
Old 05-30-2006, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I got the new KIT for the XR7 GREAT JOB!!!

Hey guys I got the new kit to fix the streaking on the XR7 deck. It works great. There must have been an air flow problem but now it is great. Cuts wonderful. Hats off to the guys at Hustler they really listen to the pros that use theses mowers everyday.. Thanks for doing a great job at getting this fixed.

Jason