Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well thats great news and a huge relief! What would be even more of a relief is finding our when we can get it to install it and fix our deck! Any info yet on how to get it to our dealer or directly to us?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

need the part soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant
All the information I have currently is what I have posted.
As I get more info I will post it.

Pj
PJ- I just recieved two complaints about the quality of the cut today. I will be calling the factory tommorrow also. I don't feel happy about having to initiate this conversation. My dealer came out almost two weeks ago to verify the problem as well as continued to watch for more information from you. I have not heard anything from anybody and now I see some people already have the new part to improve cutting quality. If I start losing accounts, it would be safe to assume that we will have more to talk about besides the current problem.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntruck
Any info yet on how to get it to our dealer or directly to us?

Thanks
I do not have any information as of this evening.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
My dealer came out almost two weeks ago to verify the problem as well as continued to watch for more information from you.
Did your dealer talk to our customer service department?
I do not work in engineering and I do not have any new info to share, as I get it I am posting it.
As I mentioned in this thread earlier, we are testing the bolt in piece that is resolving the issue, we are testing with some of the guys who have posted in this thread as well as others plus our factory testing, as we are 110% sure this takes care of the issue we will release the part at no charge, and get them to either you or your dealer.
When I have this information I will post it.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now I'm REALLY glad that I didnt get a Hustler.

No wonder your not making too many posts and the ones you are still dont have any helpfull info for those who need it.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We are glad to hear that! We love the hustler, once this is straightened out it will be a great machine.

How do we go about getting one of these correction kits?
Old 05-31-2006, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

I got the kit yesterday. It cuts great!!! You will be very happy once you put it on. Hustler really jumps on things when the pros in this business speak. Great job on listening to us. I am very happy with the results.

Jason
Old 05-31-2006, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

problem fixed - new one to solve

I have the "kit" put on my deck. make sure that the triangle piece is put on so that the bottom of the new piece is flush with the bottom of the deck. could create problems from the way i see it.

the cut is great. no more streaking of uncut grass. only when cutting while in a curve. every mower i have owned does that.

the new problem is this: When i first tested the XR7 deck, what impressed me the most was how the grass discharging was pretty fine. cut into small pieces. really "hid" the discharge over what had already been cut. threw it out well and small fine pieces. it even did a great job of mulching in spots (to avoid splattering everything) with only a QuickChute installed. NOW, with the new improved kit, the pieces that come out are the length of the amount you are taking off. NO MORE SMALL pieces.

I am STILL having to double cut just to get rid of the clippings laying on top the grass. i don't expect a mower to look like a bagged it when i didn't, but... if i cut off only 12" instead of a full 60", and it still shows tons of clippings, something is wrong. i am not taking off too much either. maybe 2"-3" at most.

thanks to Hustler for listening. Now keep listening. At this point, I didn't really upgrade much from a 3 year old machine. actually the cut, and disharge on the old Super Z is as good or better than the XR7. i could have saved a lot of money and NOT bought the XR7.

Hustler better do something, because they spent a lot of marketing and advertising getting the "new and latest greatest technology" out there to be a miniscule inprovement.

my recommendation is this, if you are looking to buy a new Hustler Super Z. buy the old deck design. the XR7 is not that much better, at this point.

any thoughts from others running the fix kit?
jeff
Old 05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

My 36" trimstar that is leaving strips is doing it with the mulch kit on it. Haven't tried side discharging since I am using this on small residential accounts around a lot of flower beds. I sure hope it gets fixed soon!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

PJ, I would just like to say thank you for your quick and courteous responses. Beings you have nothing to do directly with the design flaw or whatever the problem may be you sure do catch the heat for much of it. Anyway to me its great customer service and definteley one of the reasons I chose Hustler. So again thanks and hopefully soon all this will be resolved for your and my sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant
Did your dealer talk to our customer service department?
I do not work in engineering and I do not have any new info to share, as I get it I am posting it.
As I mentioned in this thread earlier, we are testing the bolt in piece that is resolving the issue, we are testing with some of the guys who have posted in this thread as well as others plus our factory testing, as we are 110% sure this takes care of the issue we will release the part at no charge, and get them to either you or your dealer.