Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel
Now I'm REALLY glad that I didnt get a Hustler.

When I have this information I will post it.

No wonder your not making too many posts and the ones you are still dont have any helpfull info for those who need it.
Would you rather I lie and tell everyone something that I dont know?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer
How do we go about getting one of these correction kits?
I have not heard this yet, we will either send them direct to you or to your dealer, when I know I will post it.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have the heavy clipping dispersal problem.The bolt in kit solved my issue and improved dishcharge even more.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant
Would you rather I lie and tell everyone something that I dont know?
PJ we know you are not going to lie this will destroy anything good the company has done but I want to here a quote from the head engineer that worked on this problem as to why this problem got by their extensive testing and exactly what caused this situation and how they came up with the idea of what was actually happening under the deck to cause the problem. I want to know if one size deck is having this problem more than others and I think this modification should be installed on all XR-7 decks by the dealer free of any charge if they recognize any improvements over the original XR-7. We should not be required to spend as much money as we do with Hustler and their dealers then take a design problem and have to repair it ourselves and believe me I know you agree with this. I have run into this type of problem with John Deere farm equipment that they put out and let the farmers tell them where the weak points are, as far as I am concerned that is poor business for a farmer to spend 100,000 dollars on a piece of equipment and have to do their testing and John Deere always says bare with us we will solve the problem. I am certainly not saying Hustler would use this practice because this causes a lot of stress on people trying to make a living with this equipment. Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

This is the type problem that has kept Hustler off my short list before. Reports of cut quality problems that were not universal but frequent enough to give me pause. Hustler has a lot of innovative ideas, but they are not always quite getting the core values of a commercial mower down pat. There is room for improvement.

I suspect that the extensive testing that is done was probably not done on a lot of real-world grass situations (heavy and wet) , but on nicer turf cut frequently. Otherwise, why didn't it show up for the testers? Perhaps the final design mower decks weren't ready for testing until after most of the grass had stopped growing in the Fall up there. And it's not like they were gonna wait June to relase them so they'd have more testing time. Also, design changes of that magnitude (the whole shape and dimensions of the deck) are expensive and time consuming, so perhaps they released them figuring they could fine tune it later.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Glad to hear its not just me with the uncut strip problem. I have a brand new this year xr7 66" with 105 hours and have been noticing this problem recently. I came here to get some answers.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone with a 66" deck is having streaking problems too????????? Is there any hope? I had pretty much set myself on getting one tomarow as no one reported any problems with the 66.

PJ, can you tell us if there are other 66" deck users with streaking problems?? Please

Thanks
Jay
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.” - Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The only report I have heard of on a 66" is here in this post.
This problem is being resolved quickly, and I will have a update in the morning.

Pj
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassbandit
Glad to hear its not just me with the uncut strip problem. I have a brand new this year xr7 66" with 105 hours and have been noticing this problem recently. I came here to get some answers.
How many hours did you have on the mower before you noticed this streak of uncut grass and which engine are you running? How many hours of cutting time were on the fusion blades when you saw the problem. I know of four people running the 28/66 all with 60 hours or less and no one has seen anything but a perfect cut this is why I am asking these questions to see if there is going to be a pattern. Your 66" is the first one I have heard of seeing this problem and I am trying to figure out why it just started.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Anyone that is having a issue with the cut quality on the XR-7, please contact your dealer and have them order / install part # 107896, this is a kit that includes a baffle and hardware needed to install it.
This will resolve the issue, we have tested it with members here and many others and this kit resolves the issue.
Your dealer will need to call the factory customer service department and have this kit sent to them.
We have these in stock and ready to ship.
This kit will be supplied / installed at no charge to you.

Pj