Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2000, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawrence, Come on. I can see you screwin along behind that 62&quot; toro with a red scarf and goggles on and hand warmers glued to the the handles! Bustin ya. I came out of a seminar in Marlboro MA. today and felt that chill that you would have thought we should have had back in early March.<br>Looks like it's going to warm up over the next few days around here.<p>Chris <br>
Old 04-05-2000, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

stone you might get a nick name with this one &quot;Stone Cold&quot;
Old 04-05-2000, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah! Another reason for hydros, they're generally electric start.<p>I used to get so *(&^ off trying to start a 12.5 Kaw on cold mornings!
Old 04-05-2000, 08:37 PM

It snowed all day here in NJ.
Old 04-05-2000, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

meanwhile down in florida........<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 04-05-2000, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This reminds me of the customer I worked for today. He's one of those born with a silver spoon in his mouth guys, who works 9-5 (if you want to call it work) and uses the money he makes to gamble everyweekend. He's got a ferrari in the garage next to his jaguar and has enough money invested that if he spread it out among every member of the forum, whe could just about retire.<p>Anyways, I live in jersey too and ya, it snowed, ya it was cold, and ya, I was mulching a bed at 7:30 tonight with just a long sleeve shirt on, and you know what, I was toasty. <p>The funny thing is, the customer came out and gave me the this remark:<p>&quot;Boy, I feel bad, I'm in here watching TV all night and your busting your balls out here.&quot; then he said,<p>&quot;Boy, its cold out here&quot;, and ran in the house.<p>Just a quick question stone, <p>Are you gonna let the valet park your ferrari or are you gonna park it yourself when you are at caesar's this weekend?
Old 04-05-2000, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can take cold but yesterday I discovered that hail in the face hurts.
Old 04-05-2000, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All this talk of cold reminds me of once trying to start a 18 hp Briggs on a grain auger when it was -40 with a -70 wind chill. Just won't happen Even with tarps enclosing the engine and a big bertha torch for heat and she wouldn't start. I was supposed to deliver 3500 bushels of peas that day. And the trucking compnay wasn't very happy with me when I couldn't get his two semis loaded.
Old 04-05-2000, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Beautiful day in the neighborhood today in SW Arkansas. High near 80 an lows tonight in the 50's. Same for tomorrow. Grass is startin to grow like heck....business as usual.<p>Jim
Old 04-05-2000, 10:32 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Steve wrote:<p>&gt;Are you gonna let the valet park your ferrari or are you gonna park it yourself when you are at caesar's this weekend? <br> <br>I only play at the Clarige and only from Mon. thru Thursday. The black jack<br>rules are much better for they allow early<br>surrender.<p>Actually I will be working all weekend.<br>Weather permitting that is.