Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-28-2006, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Website Help? Questions.

I would like to make one of the Yahoo Sites but dont know where to get started. I want a site that i can list my services, show some pics and make it clean and professional. I need help on where to start? How much does one normally cost? I will be making it myself. I would like to pay no more than $10.00 per month for it. Please help me get started. THANKS -Mitch-

HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY

Chevy Trucks
Western Plow
Sno Ex Spreader
Lesco Fertilizer Equipment
WRIGHT
LawnBoy
STIHL
Old 05-29-2006, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You will need an account to login into after you click some link from the page below:

http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/w/
Old 06-10-2006, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that for free? Or Do i have to pay for that one? -Mitch-

Chevy Trucks
Western Plow
Sno Ex Spreader
Lesco Fertilizer Equipment
WRIGHT
LawnBoy
STIHL
Old 06-11-2006, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd pick the free option until the dust settles, it's like building a house, it takes time and work... So use the free service until you get the feel of things, some people stay with free forever, others later decide they want a paid service while still some decide it's not for them.

The free service is pretty impressive, you can always pay later down the road when you're ready to get a domain or whatever.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They sent me a bill for 110 bucks but that was for one year registration I think, they add $14 a month to my phone bill. But I haven't even made my web site yet lol. I've been paying for it for three months now but I got busy and forgot about it.

I'm finally watching the Golive tutorials now and I have downloaded some templates but haven't got a clue what to do...
Old 06-15-2006, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Kruger
They sent me a bill for 110 bucks but that was for one year registration I think, they add $14 a month to my phone bill. But I haven't even made my web site yet lol. I've been paying for it for three months now but I got busy and forgot about it.

I'm finally watching the Golive tutorials now and I have downloaded some templates but haven't got a clue what to do...
No, I think you accidentally ordered a hosting package.
I would go ahead and call them and see if you can get that straightened out, it really makes more sense to first have a working web site long before you consider the pay route... You can easily be dealing with the free stuff for a year or longer before you have to pay, it would save you at least 100 dollars, I would try this phone number:
(408) 349-3300
You may be re-routed to the proper department, that is a main office or something... Anyway, just explain to them that you're being billed $14 / month and have a bill handy, also maybe they can answer some of your other questions, dunno...)
Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Then, once you get that straightened out, you'll need to sign in to Geocities here:
http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?...ies.yahoo.com/

So then you get to the GeoCities Control Panel, go down the screen a bit and look under Getting Started for:
Create a Web Site - Pick one of our easy-to-use Yahoo! tools to get started.
^^^^^^^^^^ Click that link.

You can then try PageBuilder or PageWizards, and follow the prompts and answer the questions and READ READ READ !!!
It takes time, don't feel bad.
Guys like me plop this stuff online but it took me a year to get half-decent, then another 5 years until I could build something like my business site apparently overnight, but rest assured nobody builds overnight web sites
Still, this will get you started and a basic site is all you need for that, you can upgrade later as you learn.
Good Luck!

p.s.: I still recommend you call them and see what they have to say, it's their company and I am sure they can help.
Yahoo is pretty good with paying customers, you can take my word for it.

Last edited by topsites; 06-16-2006 at 02:25 AM.