Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2006, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Momentum App rates and tank mixing

I am following the directions on the Lesco momentum FX bottle for 1.3 OZ per K at 4 gal. of mix per K.

It seems like this is alot of water per K, but maybe not. I am running my Lesco space saver at 380 PSI with the yellow head on the chemlawn gun. The method is effective on the weeds, but I fear that I am consuming way to much product and water.

Can someone clue me in on what mix rates and pressures they are using or what is the best way to be using my system.

Thank you.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you can use less water, but should maintain the same rate of herbicide per K. you will need to figure out how many gallon's you want to apply per k and mix accordingly. I like to use 1 gal per k.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsd
I am following the directions on the Lesco momentum FX bottle for 1.3 OZ per K at 4 gal. of mix per K.

It seems like this is alot of water per K, but maybe not. I am running my Lesco space saver at 380 PSI with the yellow head on the chemlawn gun. The method is effective on the weeds, but I fear that I am consuming way to much product and water.

Can someone clue me in on what mix rates and pressures they are using or what is the best way to be using my system.

Thank you.
When I spray by hand, I spray .5 gallons every 1K/sq ft. You would be able use 1.3 oz of Momentum FX per 1k.

You might need to look elsewhere to find the tools that enable you to spray at that volume.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

In my Ultra, I'm running 32 oz in 8 gallons of water.

Now I realize we're talking about 2 totally different pieces of equipment, especially pertaining to water volume, but I just wanted to let you know I'm getting about 99.5% kill ratio at running 1 oz / k.

Just trying to give you a little heads up that you might be able to slightly cut your chemical costs.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyturf
you can use less water, but should maintain the same rate of herbicide per K. you will need to figure out how many gallon's you want to apply per k and mix accordingly. I like to use 1 gal per k.

how do you apply 1 gal. per K??? I can see that you could if you went fast or cut the pressure way down, but if you do that, how do you get a good, even spray that gets on alll the weed leaves?

am I using the wrong the wrong head on my spacesaver, or what?

thank you.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsd
how do you apply 1 gal. per K??? I can see that you could if you went fast or cut the pressure way down, but if you do that, how do you get a good, even spray that gets on alll the weed leaves?

am I using the wrong the wrong head on my spacesaver, or what?

thank you.
Here is a link to the catalog where you can order the spray wand that I am using to apply .5 gallons over 1,000 square feet.

http://www.csturfequip.com/catalog/p...prayWands.aspx

I get outstanding control with my setup.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yellow nozzle=2.0-2.5 gal/k Green=3.0-3.5gal/k
Blue nozzle=1.0-1.5 gal/k White=4.0-4.5 gal/k

Get the right nozzle first and then adjust spray pressure accordingly. Use a stopwatch and time for 30 seconds, .5 gal in 30 seconds=1.0 gal/minute (per 1000 sq ft if spray pattern and walking speed are correct) The nozzles have different size openings for smaller or larger droplets depending on rate. Be careful with the nozzle and clean them carefully if trash gets in them. Use a soft tootbrush or bottle brush. Do not use a ball-point pen or something too large as it will change the droplet size and affect your spray pattern or, ruin the nozzle. By the way, if you are using a yellow nozzle for 4gal/k your spray may be making some serious drift (mist) and will be almost impossible to do trim patterns with. Although using a 1 gal/k spray volume can make your spacesaver more efficient (150k with 150 gals of material) it comes at a price. Doing trim-work on small areas can get exciting since the material is much more concentrated and windy days also bring challenges or, can even shut you down for the day. The best compromise is 2gal/k in my opinion.

Last edited by vegomatic40; 05-31-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would step down to a 3 gallon nozzle for learing purposes. 380 psi is way too high for spraying weeds. Unless you want to wash them away. As Veg said adjust your pressure until you achive the right gpm coming out of the tip. Remember basic calibration for this.