Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a Free Sample

Fluid Film is the answer to control equipment corrosion in the Lawn & Garden and Agriculture industries. Its unique woolwax (lanolin) formula is completely solvent free. Fluid Film protects all metals by creating a non-drying barrier that moisture cannot penetrate. Always active and tack-free, Fluid Film provides long-lasting lubrication for moving parts.

Fluid Film stops deterioration on contact. It will not harm paint, plastic or rubber and resists water wash-off, making it ideal for protecting equipment stored indoors or out. Fluid Film does not freeze, inhibits buildup of snow and ice and will not burn greenery when used on trimmers and cutting devices.

If you have not yet tried Fluid Film and you reside within the Continental United States, write for a free can to discover why Fluid Film has proven so effective for fertilizer and salt spreaders, mower underdecks, battery terminals, hedge trimmers, and numerous other applications.

Just write me for your free can. If youíve tried Fluid Film, please let us know what you think of our product. Weíre always interested in hearing what customers have to say.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To bad you don't send to Canada !

Cheers
Jeff
Old 06-13-2006, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about that.

I wish we could ship samples everywhere, but it just gets too expensive to ship outside the Continental United States. Fluid Film is available, however, through our Canadian Distributor - NLS Products and through the John Deere Farm dealers network. We have all the information on our website.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Member

tried it, really liked it, got some more, but

Received the sample can...it lasted a day! It worked as all that I had read of it...foamed and latched into rust...lubed and left pruners gook free after use...left F.F. treated new steel tools out in dampness for a few days - no corrosion...and so on...

Fluid Film is not that easy to buy around here but, we were able to acquire a 12 oz. can with a screw on spray cap...This is very different from the aerosol can sample ...this is very dark in color and thick, and does not spray well...it kind of reminds us of soap dispensers...we splotched some onto clothes and applied the Fluid Film...not ideal...we were considering purchasing by the gallon, but now do not know what to do...

Any advice?

This is good stuff...thanks

Regards,
Andre
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Andre,

I'm glad that you found Fluid Film to be as effective as advertised. I hope you take the time to explore different applications, since Fluid Film is capable of so many it can make your head spin.

It sounds like you got a can of our non-aerosol, and I understand your difficulty in spraying it. Fluid Film is about the viscosity of a house paint in its bulk form, which makes a hand sprayer a difficult proposition. If you do buy in bulk, it is better to either wipe it on or use a paint type sprayer. If you have to, you could always dillute it with a lightweight motor oil, although by doing so you are diminishing the products effectiveness a little.

We are working on making Fluid Film more readily available, and if you haven't yet done so, I recommend visiting out website and using our dealer locator. Fluid Film is also sold nationally through John Deere Farm dealers, so if there is one near you they most likely carry it. If not, tell them they should.

If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Dan
Old 06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dan, I think I have a little bit left in the sample can you sent me. The first day I got it I sprayed just about anything that looked like it could use a shot. I have Padlocks that were such a PITA to open before that now it takes 0 effort to open or close them. Thanks again for coming through when my first can was misplaced.

Rob
Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rob,

Thanks for being patient and I'm happy to hear that Fluid Film has worked for you. I hope it continues to perform to your expectations.

Regards,

Dan