Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2006, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

lift actuators for Craftsman garden tractors

Anyone know much about electric lift assist actuators for Craftsman garden tractors? Am trying to find out what the stroke length and extended and retracted length of the actuator Sears uses for its standard electric lift assist kit. Tx.

Last edited by RG500; 06-07-2006 at 08:18 PM. Reason: get instant email notification of replies
Old 06-07-2006, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I put 1 on my tractor...LUV IT!!! LOL Note the raise/lower lever handle is not needed? LOL
Attached Images

'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

more info

Thanx for the reply, Splicer. I should have been more specific. I want to add an electric lift actuator to the sleeve hitch on the back of my Craftsman tractor. Am trying to determine if I should buy a 4-inch or a 6-inch stroke actuator. Am also looking for info on what works best. Want to make certain I will have enough stroke. I looked at Item #7746573916 on Ebay. Interesting setup. Also looked at Johnnyproducts.com. What u've done with your tractor is awesome! I have an LT2000 and had to do some re-engineering to install the sleeve hitch. It works great. I own a small 6-acre weekend horse ranch and use my tractor on it. I may make my cutting deck "electric" using ur design. I set up an electric control for a tow-behind sprayer that works very well. Will have to post some pics of it for other tractor owners to look at.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

4" stroke Is what you want...These are what I have (4"/ea)...I don't think the LT is designed to use a sleeve hitch but know of people that did it anyway...The actuator works VERY well with the deck AND the dozer blade (1 actuator operates both accessories)...The second actuator is for a sleeve hitch whenever I get around to getting one...Look around...I got these for $100/ea and are 500# units...
Attached Images

'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower

Last edited by Splicer; 06-07-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

more info

Tx for the info. I'm studying how Topdj-com installed an actuator for his Craftsman tractor (on another site) and its pretty cool (http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=827). With that implementation I would probably want to use an actuator with a 6-in stroke, right? Also, with his design, I think the actuator would deliver much greater pulling/pushing force, rather than mounting it vertically, right? Also, he used a Warner actuator. Any idea how they compare with Bear's actuators (both power and speed)? There's certainly a lot more depth to this whole subject than I originally imagined. By the way, I recently wanted a small tool storage container for my tractor (something that mounts behind the seat, a la what u see on ATVs) but to my amazement I couldn't find one anywhere, not even one I could retrofit from a ATV version. So I engineered my own and it turned out fairly well. I'll post some pics of it this weekend, when I get back up to my ranch.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

topdj-com is using 4" actuators...He is who sold me mine...Search for posts by Splicer...I am banned now but I had alot of good info...course they may have deleted all my posts but what the heck, if I can help you I will...I feel these Warn actuators are fabulous and recommend them tho I have nothing to compare with (the 1000# Bear)...But it is plenty fast enough (NOT as fast as hydraulic but still...) for me and how I use it...
Old 06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and as for the carrier on the rear check eBay or your local Sears for one of these...
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2006, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah...topdj has a Husqvarna not a Craftsman...
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

more info

Tx for the additional info. In studying your design and Topdj-com's I realize they r very similar. All ur postings r still up on the other site. You and Topdj-com seem to be celebrities of sorts on both sites. The info you 2 put up is really terrific. I'm a little concerned about the speed of the actuators available and want something fairly quick. Also, ur right about the LT2000 not being designed to accept the sleeve hitch. I was able to re-engineer it to fit and have used it very successfully with both a cultivator and a blade attachment. Now I want to add the actuator. One of the uses of my tractor is for doing ground work on a large riding arena. I want to be able to quickly raise/lower whatever attachement I'm using whenever I need to turn quickly.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Basicly as long as you plan ahead for the turn there shouldnt be any problem IMO...Going down is faster than going up however...just a FYI...