Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeca View Post
LOL..
Teeca

The worst Flea job I ever had was a small rent house of a good customer. I opened the front door to be attack by fleas. Common sense told me to not enter the house. I went to the local supermarket and purchased some fog bombs. I threw two inside and came back later to throw more fog bombs in all the rooms and then left again. Then I was able to come back and do the job correctly with out getting bit. I charged accordingly.

When dealing with Biting Stinging insects you need to use a fast knock down like Pyrethin and a little common sense. If you have to spray into the wind and get the drift on you to keep the critters off of you, so be it. Pyrethin is not real toxic to humans and better than getting eaten alive. Correct PPE is also a common sense thing. Duct Tapping your pants legs and long sleeve shirt is a simple way to keep them out of your shorts. A Tee Shirt placed over your head like a bandit so only your safety glasses are seen is a quick way to protect your head and neck. Granules do have a longer residual, because they also have very slow release. I would never try and do a flea job with granules unless it was a Golf Course Fairway cut 1/2 and no trees or shrubs. I will agree that Granules can help prevent Fleas but not control them after they are there.

Yes I am posting this at ampeg76 expense and getting a good cry not laugh about now uninformed he is about his job. But if he or others learned something from this post then all should be forgiven.

Unless someone wants to give me a knowledgeable argument about anything I have posted, I am done with this thread. I am not paid to educate the world.

Dusty

If I used White Out on this post your misinformation would not of been corrected either. Trust me, I ignore a lot of misinformation.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

glad to add a laugh where needed!

yes, i know, the company i work for are idiots

i was simply stating talstar ez does work, may not prevent you getting attacked while applying, but it works!

i'm really surprised no one has mentioned the use of IGR's
Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If I used White Out on this post your misinformation would not of been corrected either. Trust me, I ignore a lot of misinformation
CARE to point out what i said that was misinformation?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

talstar ez sucks. What is in Frontline??? go figure
Old 03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampeg76 View Post
glad to add a laugh where needed!

yes, i know, the company i work for are idiots

i was simply stating talstar ez does work, may not prevent you getting attacked while applying, but it works!

i'm really surprised no one has mentioned the use of IGR's
Ampeg

I did mention an IGR (Precor) you just weren't smart enough to realize it. Please keep the laughs coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccash View Post
talstar ez sucks. What is in Frontline??? go figure
Ccash

Frontline is a Pet product used to control fleas and ticks.

http://frontline.us.merial.com/home/

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the info ric on not getting bit... i had several rentals a few years back (don't miss them), and i used to do it myself after the flea bag residents left/skipped town. i used to use CB-80 to bomb'm, then i'd spray the carpert with suspend, then return a few days later and vacuum, and have the carpets cleaned, i'd do the same for roaches (thats how i got started with the fogging, i hate them things).
Old 03-28-2007, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey ric

thanks for speculating on iq, cheers

precor is for inside use, it breaks down quickly with sunlight, i'm talking about outdoors, enjoy the laughs
Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Ampeg

I did mention an IGR (Precor) you just weren't smart enough to realize it. Please keep the laughs coming.

Ccash

Frontline is a Pet product used to control fleas and ticks.

http://frontline.us.merial.com/home/
NO kidding! But it is the only thing that controls them that well in pets."I dont mean to use frontline just trying to get you to think alittle." and what the Hell do you think the active ingrediant is??? Fipronil and what is the AI in top choice?? Fipronil read some of nc states trials on fip. I was a super on a golf course when the were experimenting with it. and that was way before Chipco Choice was out. the were even trying it for flea and tick control and it killed talstar,orthene,delta guard,although they did get good results with dursban but so much for that.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta agree with Ric. If it ain't moving..spray it. While Talstar has a good residual, I use Tempo (cyfluthrin) for Fleas/Ticks with excellent results and a very long residual. I still to apps on a 30 day cycle and treat the beds,shrubs,tree-trunks. Using a Tree/Shrub skid-sprayer works for me as there is no chance for herbicide contamination and possible damage to palnt material. While it isn't stated on the label, I've even treated the inside/outside of dog houses when customers request it as long as the pooch stays out of it until it is completely dry. I also recommend "bombing" the house for severe infestations, replace any pet-bedding if possible. Have several repeat customers year after year that swear by it.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wettable sulfur seems to help the yard and the pest don't like it much.