Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

zim bob the landscaper- thanks for the support
Old 08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYardBoys
jazak: yes we split the cost of everything. we currently have 27 accounts and we do mowing any kind of yard clean up and tree cutting and pressure washind and bushhogging
muddstopper: i dont know the exact weight but it is a lot but that is a heavy duty axle that didnt originaly come on the trailor so it can hail the weight for no wuntill i get a new trailor
WHOA time out... Bushhogging at your age ? tree work ? no license or insurance.. Stick to lawns before you end up working your entire life to pay for someones house when you total it with a tree or tractor.

Just chaps me how people are "in business" or have a "company" but dont pay taxes... dont have insurance dont follow the laws ect.
Im all for younger guys cutting lawns after school and such but your not "in business" and you dont own a "business". You mow some lawns which is great that your not sitting in front of the video games but your not a "company" until you got a license hanging on your wall and an insurance policy on file.

Last edited by Pro-Scapes; 08-26-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes
WHOA time out... Bushhogging at your age ? tree work ? no license or insurance.. Stick to lawns before you end up working your entire life to pay for someones house when you total it with a tree or tractor.

Just chaps me how people are "in business" or have a "company" but dont pay taxes... dont have insurance dont follow the laws ect.
Im all for younger guys cutting lawns after school and such but your not "in business" and you dont own a "business". You mow some lawns which is great that your not sitting in front of the video games but your not a "company" until you got a license hanging on your wall and an insurance policy on file.
Exactly!!!! Finally some else tell these kids the truth.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Help me get insurance at 15, and I'll be MORE than happy to pay for it.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets get back to the original thread...and hit the high points. You own a company? Really? it sounds like this is a hobby more than a business. You are not incorporated, pay no taxes, no insurance, no workers comp, nothing. You don't have a business. Your'e not of legal age to even enter into a contract....When you start to follow the rules, then you can come here and say you own a business. Until then, your the neighborhood boy.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

He is right on one fact. Alot of people in the south dont care how old you are because they too started working at a young age.

Stuffdear you cant get insurance at your age because your not an adult. I admire your willingness to work. Yard boys you didnt get a Sod CONTRACT. you cannot sign a contract right now. I cant imagine your parents letting you do this because ultimatly they are responsible for you. Everytime you start your equipment on a "clients" property its a liability for them and for your parents. If your really that responsible you will take that in mind. Im sure yall are really mature for your ages but enev guys in REAL business a long long time have accidents even when they are careful. Its just a fact of life.

You need to check your state laws and see if your parents can get liability insurance on a business(yes this means them actually forming a business) but I doubt at 14 and 15 any company in thier right mind would cover you.

Stuffdeer I also would think twice about if your truck insurance covers your using it for "commercial" use or you maybe walking if you have an accident.

Alot of us pay 10's of thousands a year or more to be legitimate then people who get paid by mrs smith in cash try to make the same claim to fame as a business owner. Not trying to say you do a bad job but just be honest. Your not a business owner...You mow lawns and do odd jobs.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
He is right on one fact. Alot of people in the south dont care how old you are because they too started working at a young age.

Stuffdear you cant get insurance at your age because your not an adult. I admire your willingness to work. Yard boys you didnt get a Sod CONTRACT. you cannot sign a contract right now. I cant imagine your parents letting you do this because ultimatly they are responsible for you. Everytime you start your equipment on a "clients" property its a liability for them and for your parents. If your really that responsible you will take that in mind. Im sure yall are really mature for your ages but enev guys in REAL business a long long time have accidents even when they are careful. Its just a fact of life.

You need to check your state laws and see if your parents can get liability insurance on a business(yes this means them actually forming a business) but I doubt at 14 and 15 any company in thier right mind would cover you.

Stuffdeer I also would think twice about if your truck insurance covers your using it for "commercial" use or you maybe walking if you have an accident.

Alot of us pay 10's of thousands a year or more to be legitimate then people who get paid by mrs smith in cash try to make the same claim to fame as a business owner. Not trying to say you do a bad job but just be honest. Your not a business owner...You mow lawns and do odd jobs.

Nope, The Truck doesn't have commercial insurance, And I probably won;t get it until I'm 18. (3 years from now)
Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow you guys are so harsh.. just because he doesn't have insurance and such like me and alot of the rest of us on here does, it doesn't mean that it isn't a business. This boy is doing alot better than I was up until a couple years ago, except for the fact that he is in a partner ship, which is probably good for him but bad for the 18yr old. In my opinion a partner ship is a great way to do business if you don't care about that fact that you can make 2x the money by doing everything by yourself..

But anyhow.. Gj TheYardBoys.. you're doing very well for your age.. and just because you don't carry a $1m insurance policy like me and many others on here doesn't mean that what you have isn't a business... it just means its not a legit/legal business
Old 08-27-2006, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'm fully insured so that doesn't bother me and I'm registered as a business.

YardBoys is fully ASSURED!

"I'm fully assured I can mow your grass"
Old 08-27-2006, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice one jazak
Closed Thread