The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Right
Nice one jazak
If you would like me to put up my insurance papers and business registered name and papers that show its registration I gladly will. So fell free to ask.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to see the $30k job... haha just playing with you.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh
I'd like to see the $30k job... haha just playing with you.
I'll get pics up soon of that $11K job I don't start it until next month. The $30K job isn't until next year or the year after since the owner doesn't know if they will be able to afford it next year. You got a little to worked up about that on LC.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

yall firt my partner has quit so i am now workin by my self which is hard and yall are right i may not be a bussiness in the professional eyes of yall but i could be out doing crack or dope or some other drugs so i think im doing good and yes i would love to pay insurance but like yall have already pointed out im not old enough

mow right- thanks for the support right now that is all that is keepin me mowing

jazak- i would like to compliment you. do you fell better about your self. you ask what am i talking about. well i will tell you . you have to good if you can show up a 14 year old dont you well i thik you should act your age
I also think teh rest of you should act your ages mabey im not the mowing company of today but i the mowing company of tomorrow and you try to support that and help in any way you can
what am i going on about all yall care about is you rbig contracts you r fansy insuranca and your stupid bussiness liscens well im sorry i even wasted yall time i was just trying to get some advise but obviously yall wont give it so what ever
Old 08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Calm down.. everywhere you go there will be people that put you down to make themselves feel better.. but let me tell you something..

In my experience, and many people on here would probably agree. That 20 solid $50 residentials is way better than 5 $200 business. The contracts are normally for year, and next year they will probably rebid and then if somebody bids $5 less than you, even though you did a great job for a whole year, they will probably quite you in a heart beat.

To build a good list of solid residentials is a SUPER good way start a lawncare business, because even if the big contracts and stuff falls through, you will probably still have all your residentials to carry you through the year.

Although if I were you, I wouldn't do much chainsawing or bushhogging without insurance. If a customer wants it done, tell them you'll get somebody else to do it, look in the yellow pages and get somebody to give you a free estimate on what they would charge. If it is $100 they would charge, tell the customer that you can have it done for $110, and then you make a few bucks for your time, and if somebody gets an arm cut off your not reliable.
That is the basic principal of subcontracting.

One more thing, its a GOOD thing in my opinion that your business partner quite as long as you have all the equipment and can still get job to job, you should just pay by the hour somebody else to help you if necessary, but you will make ALOT more money that way then splitting half and half, its just you need to make sure they don't tear up your equipment.

Also I too was in a partner ship at your age with my best friend, and then I bought his half of the equipment a couple years ago, and it financially the best thing that ever happened to my business. Considering I started it, then when I started making money, then we split everything down the middle, then when it started to go downhill he quite. Its a good thing now because I'm making WAY more money than ever!

I hope the best for you, and you are doing better now than I was at your age, so maybe when your my age maybe you'll be looking at 100 accounts.

PS : here is a litte about how I started

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=158209

Last edited by Josh.S; 08-27-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYardBoys
yall firt my partner has quit so i am now workin by my self which is hard and yall are right i may not be a bussiness in the professional eyes of yall but i could be out doing crack or dope or some other drugs so i think im doing good and yes i would love to pay insurance but like yall have already pointed out im not old enough

mow right- thanks for the support right now that is all that is keepin me mowing

jazak- i would like to compliment you. do you fell better about your self. you ask what am i talking about. well i will tell you . you have to good if you can show up a 14 year old dont you well i thik you should act your age
I also think teh rest of you should act your ages mabey im not the mowing company of today but i the mowing company of tomorrow and you try to support that and help in any way you can
what am i going on about all yall care about is you rbig contracts you r fansy insuranca and your stupid bussiness liscens well im sorry i even wasted yall time i was just trying to get some advise but obviously yall wont give it so what ever
Thankyou. I also compliment you. The reason I got on your case was it just seemed a little odd how you described yourself and also a little fishy. If you have what you say you have, you posted pics of the equipment I believed you on that. I just didn't like that you called yourself a business which you're not and to me you came out as a 14yr old thats things he' in with the bigs. (THE GUYS DO NOT INCLUDE MYSELF AS I AM NO WHERE NEAR THEM). If you want help I'll give you help. Good luck with your "business" and hope you find a better worker.

In 4 years you will have your business until then just do your best and when you turn 18 you will already have a name for yourself.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

mow right - i agree i am making more money and i took you radvice but i done it last week i hired someone at 7 an hour and i still am making way more money than i was with a partner
Jazak- i understand why you were like that and i quess i would have benn to but thank for the offer for help oh and i under stand what you think of companies. but in my eyes i thought what yall are is a companie which is bigger than a bussiness so i considered myself a bussiness but i do plan to do this for the long run so one day i plan to be a companie
Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You hired someone? Make sure you pay your workers comp...
Old 08-28-2006, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodKing
You hired someone? Make sure you pay your workers comp...
im sure he isn't paying workers comp... just tell the dude you hired that he IS NOT officially working for you, and that if he gets hurt that you don't know anything about it and he has never worked for you in his life.. and make sure you pay him cash
Old 08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=TheYardBoys]yall firt my partner has quitQUOTE]

He's going to let you keep the truck? How are you going to drive from place to place if he was the driver?
Haulmark 6x12 Enclosed trailer
Bri-Mar 6x12,7x14 Dump Trailers
18hp Billy Goat Leaf Loader
Classen 5.5 Honda Power Rake
Stihl FS100RX, FS110 Trimmers
Stihl HL100K, HS81T Hedge Trimmers
4 BR600 Blowers
Stihl 029 Chainsaw
Honda 3 HRC216HXA Mowers
5 HS520A Snowblowers, 1 hs928was
Closed Thread