Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-25-2006, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

cub commercial

i have a tank and a 48 inch z-wing with only 150 hours on them both, i have broken a belt on each of them, the deck belt that runs the blades within two weeks, the 48 about 2 weeks ago and the 60 today, must have been cheap belts or something

BCF Lawn & Landscape
'05 Chevy 2500HD
'05 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
18' Enclosed Trailer
20' Enclosed Trailer
24' Liberty Gooseneck Bobcat Trailer
18' Landscape Curbing Trailer
60" Cub Commercial Tank
60" Cub Commercial Recon
2 52" Wright Standers
36" Cub Commercial Walk Behind
763 Bobcat
Stihl weedeaters and Blowers
7.5' Meyers Snow Plow
8' Blizzard Snow Plow
10 Foot Snow Box
Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We just replaced the deck belt last week on the 60" tank. First time in over a year. They should be changed every year anyways.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cub is owned by MTD and the words "commercial" and "MTD" should NEVER go together.

MTD has no clue how to treat commercial customers and their dealers are even more clueless. MTD/Cub dealers are zoned in on homeowner business. It's all they really understand.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDay
Cub is owned by MTD and the words "commercial" and "MTD" should NEVER go together.

MTD has no clue how to treat commercial customers and their dealers are even more clueless. MTD/Cub dealers are zoned in on homeowner business. It's all they really understand.
Maybe in your area but not here. Our dealer knows everything about commerical mowers and always has the parts if we need them the next day. Do you own Cub TANKS??????

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 06-25-2006, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thats what I was going to say.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Excuse me.. some people might really take offense to that statement. Have you ever dealt with MTD from a dealer standpoint? When you call MTD/Cub numbers, their main goal is to not have to deal with you even though you are their customer. What they do love to do is feed you the customer a line of Bull$hit and tell you that the dealer will take care of it, when the dealer has to go through the same cr@p to get authorization numbers from MTD.

If you're going to buy a mower that is built by a company whose main goal is getting Box Store shoppers to buy a cheap mower every year... then you should expect the same in the service department from MTD. MTD servicing dealers know how hard it can be to deal with MTD sometimes, and are not going to stick their neck out just to make MTD look good.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, another knock down drag out on brands.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

lol.. i have owned mtd pro zero turns and own one now.. well my 60 inch used to eat belts up and they had a recall that helped but still they did not last long. i now have one 54 inch mtd pro and that does not have that problem.. i was told by the dealer that some models had this problem for some reason. i dont know if they fixed it for the tanks but it sounds like they did not..
Old 06-25-2006, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

*cough* your a moron *cough*

Buddy I have owned Exmark, scag, bob-cat, gravely, bunton, goodall etc etc and the Tank is just as good as all of them if not better than most. So untill you have owned one I recommend you shut your pie hole.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-25-2006, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had one used it for a couple of years and sold it for decent enough money. After I was done cutting with it I used it for spraying. I had a 300 lb water tank mounted above the engine for my sprayer. This wrecked the rear axle after a year or so, hills were the worst on it.
Ours also ate belts but only in the top height setting. The belt would hit the frame and blow apart. Once we learned never to cut in the top height we never had a problem.
Parts were a pain over here because there were so few of them here.