Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-03-2006, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Are These Prices Correct?

I read from one of the posts here that Russo Power Equipment in Chicago is a good online dealer. Their internet sales site appears to be down so I called them and was pleasantly surprised how comptetitive their pricing is.

For example, their TBC-2501 is going for $229, while their TBC-230 is selling at $189. I originally just wanted a homeowner model but with these fantastically low prices, I guess I'll go for the commercial unit. I have to trim a steep hill with tall grass and some tree-like saplings with 1/8" to 1/4" diameter trunks. I am in VA and shipping was quoted at $15-$20. Not bad at all.

So my questions are:

(1) My budget being not-to-exceed $300, which model should I go for?
(2) Are these brand-new units and not refurbished, and how can they sell them for so low?

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Those prices are most likely correct. They can sell them that cheap because they buy more than anyone else around.

However I would suggest paying a little more at a local dealer since you will probably get better service in the future. Although with Tanaka stuff...there isnt much service to be done to them
Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Russo is a huge online dealer. Check Ebay, hes got a lot of stuff put up for sale! Don't kknow much about tanaka so I cant help you there though.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Sponsor

russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooltergeist
I read from one of the posts here that Russo Power Equipment in Chicago is a good online dealer. Their internet sales site appears to be down so I called them and was pleasantly surprised how comptetitive their pricing is.

For example, their TBC-2501 is going for $229, while their TBC-230 is selling at $189. I originally just wanted a homeowner model but with these fantastically low prices, I guess I'll go for the commercial unit. I have to trim a steep hill with tall grass and some tree-like saplings with 1/8" to 1/4" diameter trunks. I am in VA and shipping was quoted at $15-$20. Not bad at all.

So my questions are:

(1) My budget being not-to-exceed $300, which model should I go for?
(2) Are these brand-new units and not refurbished, and how can they sell them for so low?

Thanks for any help.
Hi,
1. I would go with the TBC-2501 or TBC-250PF
2. Yes, they are new products. Russo is one of our POWERSELLERS - they buy at the best dealer price category.

-MW