Register free!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Customers not watering properly? Not paying attention to repeated verbal and written instructions? Say it ain't so!! They either don't water or they over water. Dry as a bone or mucky, pick one. I had one guy who would water for 2 hours, 3 times a day. Damping off fungus hit, and he expected me to spray it for free, and fix it for free. I had warned him what would happen, and how much Banol cost. Ended up in court. We won. You just can't fix stupid.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upidstay
Customers not watering properly? Not paying attention to repeated verbal and written instructions? Say it ain't so!! They either don't water or they over water. Dry as a bone or mucky, pick one. I had one guy who would water for 2 hours, 3 times a day. Damping off fungus hit, and he expected me to spray it for free, and fix it for free. I had warned him what would happen, and how much Banol cost. Ended up in court. We won. You just can't fix stupid.
I just do not know how to make him understand that his fault. He already cover his @ss with the note he sent us .
Old 08-29-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yes, It happens. Education of the customer is important,but if he chooses to ignore my educational explanation's on watering sod and seed etc. The language in the contract and signature by the X where it sez, I agree to all terms and conditions, is even more important.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still today's date he hasn't paid. I called him left a message, his wife calls me back today saying that is not that they forgot or they do not have the money it's that they will no pay because the lawn is not as expected to be!!!!!!!
Please can someone help me writing a letter to this @assholeessssssss
What can I do?please helpppppppppp
Old 09-14-2006, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

nobody can help me??????????????????/
Old 09-15-2006, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

When I contract to plant grass, I make recommendations. I explain different site preparation procedures, and let them chose the degree of prep that they want to pay for and the benefits of each. I explain the maintenance procedure. Too little water..no grass. Too much water..no grass. The soil present is yours. The weeds that may come up...their yours-I did't bring them. We provide the materials and service. We don't make the weather, the seed, or the fertilizer, although we buy quality products from reliable suppliers.

Can nobody help? We can't see the lawn and determine what went wrong. We weren't in on the agreement so I can't knock on the door and discuss the problem and solution with the customer.

Don't call him. GO SEE HIM. Ask him to show you what he finds unsatisfactory. Tell him that you sell a service. aerate, seed, fertilize. ( or prep,sod,fertilizer) Your not the creator of life.

You said that your English isn't so good. Perhaps you promised more than a human can guarantee. When I speak English to another English speaking person, I am frequently amazed how hard it is to get a message entered into someone's brain.( I read that people only absorb 25% of the spoken word. ( I guess they are thinking up their response the other 75% of the time).

Good Luck.[/QUOTE]

Rereading your 1st post: watering at night promotes fungus-brown patch. You did some free weed control- weed control products should be used on established grass, most products will damage new seed or turf. You may be learning on the job. This lesson may cost you.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dualy thanks for your imput.
I explained to him everything, but some people do not understand.
When I said can somebody help, I meant to "write" not to go and talk to my customer,I guess you are right on something: "people only absorb 25%"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyVette
When I contract to plant grass, I make recommendations. I explain different site preparation procedures, and let them chose the degree of prep that they want to pay for and the benefits of each. I explain the maintenance procedure. Too little water..no grass. Too much water..no grass. The soil present is yours. The weeds that may come up...their yours-I did't bring them. We provide the materials and service. We don't make the weather, the seed, or the fertilizer, although we buy quality products from reliable suppliers.

Can nobody help? We can't see the lawn and determine what went wrong. We weren't in on the agreement so I can't knock on the door and discuss the problem and solution with the customer.

Don't call him. GO SEE HIM. Ask him to show you what he finds unsatisfactory. Tell him that you sell a service. aerate, seed, fertilize. ( or prep,sod,fertilizer) Your not the creator of life.

You said that your English isn't so good. Perhaps you promised more than a human can guarantee. When I speak English to another English speaking person, I am frequently amazed how hard it is to get a message entered into someone's brain.( I read that people only absorb 25% of the spoken word. ( I guess they are thinking up their response the other 75% of the time).

Good Luck.
Rereading your 1st post: watering at night promotes fungus-brown patch. You did some free weed control- weed control products should be used on established grass, most products will damage new seed or turf. You may be learning on the job. This lesson may cost you.[/QUOTE]