Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2006, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

300 gallon or less sealcoat system 4 sale?

looking for a 300 gallon or less sealcoat system 4 sale?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Whatever you do, do not buy the plastic "Sealcoat Business Box" ta nk.

Get a metal tank, if you are low on startup cash get a 300 gallon hand-agitated tank.

You will have much better luck in the offseason (After October). A lot of companies have extra equipment in the offseason (after upgrading) and those that didn't make it during the summer or are getting out of the business will have stuff to sell, usually fairly cheap.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Have a 300 gallon sealrite system for sale.

Last edited by Michael J. Donovan; 12-07-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Chicago,
Ive used the plastic setup for 5 years,had no problems,i also have a homemade 550 steel tank setup,whats wrong with the plastic,i use them both.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Ocean sealing
Chicago,
Ive used the plastic setup for 5 years,had no problems,i also have a homemade 550 steel tank setup,whats wrong with the plastic,i use them both.
Do you add sand to your sealer? I think he was reffering to the sealcoat in a box also being over priced for what you get.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

considering what you get with it,costs about $700.00 to build,no sand,never use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarick
Do you add sand to your sealer? I think he was reffering to the sealcoat in a box also being over priced for what you get.
Putting together 1 of those system cost about $700.00,even a used 1 like i have originally cost me $1200.00,Ive used it 1 season,now looking to upgarde to a neewer idea.I don`t buy these units complete,I build them myself.In this unit,very little or no sand at all. here In NJ,i don`t know of anyone who even uses sand in their mix,some places already have mixed in,Like the guy i get mine from.I also have a homemade 550 tank,widen pump,air compressor same as you could buy from any manufacturer,but whypay 10 grand if you don`t need too.Evryone`s is A sealcoating machinery expert on here,Doubt it,But everyone is entitled to their own opinion,I bet he has never used 1 to begin with,maybe just going by what other`s say,my opinion is different,for a startup unit it`s cost effective.My 1st season with 1 of those,ive made well over $45,000 part-time in 1 season,my 550 tank i used the same principle setup when i 1st got it,then upgraded,i use both and stand by both.
Dave-Southern ocean sealing
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Putting together 1 of those system cost about $700.00,even a used 1 like i have originally cost me $1200.00,Ive used it 1 season,now looking to upgarde to a neewer idea.I don`t buy these units complete,I build them myself.In this unit,very little or no sand at all. here In NJ,i don`t know of anyone who even uses sand in their mix,some places already have mixed in,Like the guy i get mine from.I also have a homemade 550 tank,widen pump,air compressor same as you could buy from any manufacturer,but whypay 10 grand if you don`t need too.Evryone`s is A sealcoating machinery expert on here,Doubt it,But everyone is entitled to their own opinion,I bet he has never used 1 to begin with,maybe just going by what other`s say,my opinion is different,for a startup unit it`s cost effective.My 1st season with 1 of those,ive made well over $45,000 part-time in 1 season,my 550 tank i used the same principle setup when i 1st got it,then upgraded,i use both and stand by both.
Great business plan, "no one else does it so why should I" I won't even go into why you should have sand in your sealer.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
After sifting thru all of your poor grammar and the missing punctuation, I figured out what you were trying to say. I also agree with wbarick too, NOT putting sand in your mix is foolish to say the least. First rule of business. Business 101: If you are going to do it, do it right. And this goes for all aspects of your business.

Last edited by Branching Out; 12-08-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I also live in NJ but all the sealcoaters I work for, at least 5 of them and about 15 I know DO ADD SAND. You are crazy not to. I guess in south jersey they dont sue like up north. Industry standards are to have sand in the mix, now since you do not go by industry standards you are open to a HUGE life changing lawsuit. I hope you are a corperation or at least a LLC. How do like gambling with your house, your vehicles, and any other thing you own now or in the future. All it takes is ONE slip and fall and not using the proper material and say good night gracy because you are finished.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linepainter
I also live in NJ but all the sealcoaters I work for, at least 5 of them and about 15 I know DO ADD SAND. You are crazy not to. I guess in south jersey they dont sue like up north. Industry standards are to have sand in the mix, now since you do not go by industry standards you are open to a HUGE life changing lawsuit. I hope you are a corperation or at least a LLC. How do like gambling with your house, your vehicles, and any other thing you own now or in the future. All it takes is ONE slip and fall and not using the proper material and say good night gracy because you are finished.
Ocean sealing talks about about others not being experts, but talks out his a$$ about sealcoating like a true noob. I have no time for people like this, they come and go in the industry quickly, they blow a lot of hot air, but once they are sued, or go out of business you never get to hear from them. If you don't use sand then why would you bother with the additives, and if 20% water is ok, then 50% would be better. I have used the square tanks, we have them for storing bulk sealer (unmixed) for the commercial jobs that may require extra material on weekends after the plant is closed. We of course use the tanks to load sealer to our tank with agitation and then mix in the water, sand and additives.