Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-27-2006, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Grass clippings blowing into eyes

I've had mine about a month.....I got the med. size catcher for a grasshopper midmount. When I attach it to the deck I get a ton of small clippings blowing out of the top of the catcher and cover my right side of my arm and leg, plus all over my face. This happens when it is just over 25% full and continues until I can not take it anymore. I've used baggers before and know you get alot of stuff in the air but I don't think I should get clippings blowing into my eyes as I am mowing. Yes I have eye protection on. I'm almost to the point that I'm going to make a template out of cardboard to semi cover the top to try and correct this. It drives me crazy when I'm bagging and all this grass is flying into my face. I made sure when I mounted it I got it as flush as I could. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They sell dust covers for them. Good luck
Old 07-28-2006, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks...I went to their site and found'em. Anyone have a dust cover that can give more info of this? How to you like it? I noticed on their website they said it may effect air flow.....I think if I just cover the top that will keep the clippings from flying into my face and leave the other sides as they are.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Sponsor

Hi Mark,
The dust cover comes in 4 parts, so you can choose to cover whatever section you want and leave the others open. It does reduce the airflow somewhat, but if you are mowing dry grass it won't be a problem. When the grass is wet and thick, you usually don't need the cover. The kit retails for around 60 bucks.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 07-30-2006, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info....I will try and find one....my dealer sold me the 4.15 cuft catcher for what I could have bought the xl catcher. I didn't know until afterward and felt like he really stuck it to me. If I need help finding a dealer I'll let you know.
Thanks