Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2006, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guess I will be phasing out scag mowers

Guess i will be phasing out all my Scag mowers over time as Midwest has pulled the Scag line from my dealer and put them at Reynolds Farm Euiptment in Muncie In . I have dealt with Reynolds before and i refuse to deal with them or maybe they refuse to deal with me the commercial cutter as i have had mowers at there shop sit for 2 weeks till they can get around to working on them > My company cant and wont tolerate this kind of service and the old dealer MR Superent Euipment has alway fixed it on the spot if they could . They( Superent) built thier business on customer service and were top notch in it. I think Superent has been done Dirty and has lost out to the Regional Giant , Reynolds . ( Superent has sold Scag for 16 years ) What ever new line Superent goes with iam sure most cutters in this area will follow but it will take time for me to switch everything over . They also pulled the echo line of handheld also ( midwest did this too) but he has already brought in Kawi hand held stuff and i am pleased with what i have already . Sorry to rant and vent but right now iam pissed at Scag and MIdwest ., It seems customers dont mean anything to these people and they are only seeing the up front money at this point .
2007 Scag 48 Hydro ultimate Velo plus deck
2 echo 2400 line trimmers 2 echo 260 s line trimmers
3 echo hedgers 3 echo blowers echo edger
Chevy 3500 dually Trucks
Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this in wrong section could someone please move it to the commercial mowing section , must have been having a brain fart or heat related moment there thanks
Chevy 3500 dually Trucks
Old 07-29-2006, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck bow
I posted this in wrong section could someone please move it to the commercial mowing section , must have been having a brain fart or heat related moment there thanks
i know this is a long shot, but their is a scagg dealer in brownsburg, that i deal with. i will agree on reynolds, i put them on the list with macalister, just because were big we can charge what we want and you will pay, and we don't care if you go elsewhere.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Landscape Construction Service 14 miles
2650 E State Rd 236 view map
Anderson IN 46017
Phone: 765-642-0040
Web Site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troy's Small Engine Clinic 32 miles
215 East Bradford view map
Marion IN 46952
Phone: 765-668-4099
Web Site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry's Saw and Mower 32 miles
Walnut Ridge Road view map
Carthage IN 46115
Phone: 765-565-6554
Web Site:

Hancock County Tractor 34 miles
1791 East Main St. view map
Greenfield IN 46140
Phone: 317-462-1323
Web Site: www.hancocktractor.com

Merkamp Sales & Service 35 miles
3054 US Hwy 35 N view map
Richmond IN 47374
Phone: 765-962-2048
Web Site:

Old 07-30-2006, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

landscape construction i have heard lost scag too and who in hell wants to drive 60 to 70 miles round trip to a dealer........ not me driving 20 was bad enough iam sure what ever line superent picks up will be just as good maybe even better
Chevy 3500 dually Trucks
Old 07-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Sorry it took so long for me to relocate this, I hadn't seen it. I'll bump this back to the top now for the commercial forum viewers.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tell em to pickup Bob-Cat, similar machines.
That's real dirty, what happened?

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Guess i will be phasing out all my Scag mowers over time as Midwest has pulled the Scag line from my dealer and put them at Reynolds Farm Euiptment in Muncie In . I have dealt with Reynolds before and i refuse to deal with them or maybe they refuse to deal with me the commercial cutter as i have had mowers at there shop sit for 2 weeks till they can get around to working on them > My company cant and wont tolerate this kind of service and the old dealer MR Superent Euipment has alway fixed it on the spot if they could . They( Superent) built thier business on customer service and were top notch in it. I think Superent has been done Dirty and has lost out to the Regional Giant , Reynolds . ( Superent has sold Scag for 16 years ) What ever new line Superent goes with iam sure most cutters in this area will follow but it will take time for me to switch everything over . They also pulled the echo line of handheld also ( midwest did this too) but he has already brought in Kawi hand held stuff and i am pleased with what i have already . Sorry to rant and vent but right now iam pissed at Scag and MIdwest ., It seems customers dont mean anything to these people and they are only seeing the up front money at this point .
Tell your dealer to pickup Redmax and Hustler,that is what my dealer sells and I am real happy!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You will

Quote:
landscape construction i have heard lost scag too and who in hell wants to drive 60 to 70 miles round trip to a dealer........ not me driving 20 was bad enough iam sure what ever line superent picks up will be just as good maybe even better
You will if you live here. 20 miles would be a piece of cake, try 50-80 minimum for good sales and service. You don't know how good you got it.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Buzenbark lawn equipment in brownsburg sells scag. THey are a good bunch of people and they have echo too. They are on SR. 267 just south of 300 N i think. Good luck. I have talked to people that had Dixie choppers there for 2 months because they would just dick around and do what they wanted when they wanted!