Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris walk behinds mostly from what I've seen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Ah yeah, that stretch is nice. From Chesterfield valley through Clayton even into the city limits its well kept. On the other hand there's the confluence of 55&44 that's recently been taken over by a group that runs an old ambulance. I like to refer to them as "ghetto grass". I'm sure they're battling a tough contract, but they seem to be losing their war on grass. They brought Z's and walk behinds to a gig that required bush hogs and sickle mowers.
Posted via Mobile Device
The ambulance is just too much
Old 07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see that old ambulance all over, there were just out around the Boone bridge on 40 the other week. From what I have heard those contracts are very tough. There is not a lot of money in them. You better bring a service truck because if you run just walkbehinds and z turns you are gonna hit every piece of trash you can possibly imagine.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The ambulance crew is a company ran by double minority so they get all that work and other government jobs like city schools to.

Anyone mess with trees or have a tree crew? Always getting asked to do tree work but I don't really mess with it. Was throwing it all to a guy before but barely even got a thanks back.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have a leaf loader to sell? Looking to buy a used one locally if possible. Let me know what you have and how much.

Lucky Star-I dont do anything big with trees besides clean them up or if they're easy to fall. I'm happy to do easy tree jobs. If you bid it, let me know how much is in it for me and I'll give you a ya or a nay. You keep the rest.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know snow season is getting close and everyone is stocking up on salt. We bought a huge lot of used billboard tarps to cover our salt piles. We had to buy a huge quantity to be able to even buy them. I am selling the rest of them, for what I have into them. I have over 100 left most are 15'x49'. I would sell them for $30.00 a piece. We have had very good luck using contact cement to glue 2 or 3 together to make one very massive heavy duty tarp. If this would help anyone out give me a call at 314-403-4006 or email me kyle@scapersllc.com Tarps are located off of lemay ferry road in south county.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We use those too..they are really nice.will check and see what mine are looking like. Are there any wider than 15 feet?
Steve
Old 09-30-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No 15' is about the widest. Occasionally I can find a few 20'. We have been overlapping them about 12" and using contact cement to glue 2 together. You have to be careful though once you stick them together they are stuck together for good. We looked in to clear span but I about had a heart attack when they gave me the price!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is everyone seeing for bulk salt prices around the area? I called a few places the other day and a lot of them don't yet have prices??
Old 10-26-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello everybody! I just recently joined the site and noticed this St. Louis thread... I'm currently a one-man part-time operation in O'Fallon, MO. As much as I'd love to catch up on the whole thread and not ask any questions that have already been addressed, 125 pages is more than I have time to read. Since I juggle ColliCut with my full-time career, I try to focus on large commercial accounts that keep me from spending too much time behind a windshield. Though I have enough work to fill up a good 12-hour day every weekend, I'd love to add a few more accounts to my list, so if anyone is looking for help, please feel free to reach out. My equipment is reliable and I maintain a strong relationship with another local provider, so please don't let my part-time status worry you. And for those anti-weekend-warriors out there, know that it's for a good cause... my wife and I are expecting twins (kiddo #3 & 4 for us) and this is what I do to keep Mommy at home with the little ones! I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer and to, hopefully, be able to contribute!