Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOOPERS View Post
not good are they a regular costumer ?
it was a regular customer-not mine. A client I might take on. But the company who did the work is a good size and I don't think he handled it ethically...or whatever. Just wanted some feedback or a general concenses of how it should've been handled. Never too late to learn.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTECH View Post
To get you pesticide license call the Missouri dept. of ag. and ask to speak to some one in the plant division. They will mail you a flier telling you when the test dates are and send you a list of books to buy to study for the test. You only have to buy 3 books which is about $47.00 i think, the one book has some really helpful info in it about identifing weeds. Go to this web site and you can get all the info on how to contact them. www.mda.mo.gov
I hope this helps.
I won't be taking the test until maybe next year, but I was wondering what the 3 books were, so I can get a head start on studying.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&P landmasters View Post
Have any of you used multch from the town of Ladue? I have a client asking about it-home owners get it for free. How's the quality? What do ya think?

we helped out ladue with some curbside leaf pickups and got to see their mulch and the mulch is very nice it is a dark brown (almost black) and is very fine
Old 02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck View Post
we helped out ladue with some curbside leaf pickups and got to see their mulch and the mulch is very nice it is a dark brown (almost black) and is very fine
Thanks Beck. Good to know for my customers.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

if you want to see it or maybe even get a sample they are located on the south outer road at clayton/40. If heading south on clayton make a left as if you are going to get on the highway and it will be on your right hand side across from the big brick building. The compost center is called Edie's after a previous mayor. I dont think they will have a problem with you picking up a sample.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck View Post
if you want to see it or maybe even get a sample they are located on the south outer road at clayton/40. If heading south on clayton make a left as if you are going to get on the highway and it will be on your right hand side across from the big brick building. The compost center is called Edie's after a previous mayor. I dont think they will have a problem with you picking up a sample.
I was driving by a potential client today and stopped a guy who was delivering it to a neighbor. Looks really nice-almost like dirt-very fine, very dark. I know exactly where Edies is. I know the guy who works the tennis club on that street, so been over there. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

How much do you charge per man hour?

I charge $30 per hour/per man. Curious what you all charge around here?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

$60 for basic work (trimming shrubs, mulching, cleanups etc) more for stuff that requires machines like bobcats, trenchers etc...You need to charge more
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric3077 View Post
$60 for basic work (trimming shrubs, mulching, cleanups etc) more for stuff that requires machines like bobcats, trenchers etc...You need to charge more
ok, but those bobcats and trenchers-mostly commercial work you're talking about? I'm talking strictly for residential...
Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&P landmasters View Post
I charge $30 per hour/per man. Curious what you all charge around here?
I shoot for $35 most of the time. The harder the labor is the higher the rate goes.