Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

St. Louis area

Hello, I'm just looking for a little helpful input. What is an average charge for these services. I've got to submit a proposal for an apartment complex and I would like to give a fair estimate of costs. The services provided include bed edging (just digging, no materials), weeding, small tree and shrub trimming(nothing really to trim, everything is still young, but they want monthly maint.), and mulch. I estimated approx. 20 to 25 cubic yards of mulch, approx 8 hours of weeding and shrub/tree trimming(probably less). They are also offering more work, monthly maintenance of the beds and shrubs, and future grass-cutting. They also own other apt. complexes. Any advice would be helpful.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Arnold Mowing Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltacare, LLC View Post
Is anyone interested in a mowing acct. in Arnold (Richardson/Vogel area).
Did some landscape work for her, but too far for a mowing acct. Let me know if you are interested. I can forward your number to her.
I would be interested. Brian L & H Lawncare
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Idol View Post
Hello, I'm just looking for a little helpful input. What is an average charge for these services. I've got to submit a proposal for an apartment complex and I would like to give a fair estimate of costs. The services provided include bed edging (just digging, no materials), weeding, small tree and shrub trimming(nothing really to trim, everything is still young, but they want monthly maint.), and mulch. I estimated approx. 20 to 25 cubic yards of mulch, approx 8 hours of weeding and shrub/tree trimming(probably less). They are also offering more work, monthly maintenance of the beds and shrubs, and future grass-cutting. They also own other apt. complexes. Any advice would be helpful.
Bed edging: $.75 to $1.00 per foot for a good 3" shovel edge
Weeding, trimming: 8 hours X $40 to $50 per man hour, plus any applicable disposal fee
Mulch: $40 to $50 per yard for double-ground hardwood, since the weeding and edging are being bid separately

Good luck
Old 04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Arnold Mowing

Brian L&H

Call me 314-623-1407.

I will give you her info.

Drew
Old 04-27-2007, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

THANKS TURFPROSTL. I put in my proposal today. I talked to the maint. manager, he said last time they needed 25-30 yards. I bid $2100 for 28 yards weeding and edging included. I also put in a bid for a monthly property beautification. $400 per service. Once a month. This includes small tree and shrub pruning, mulch bed maintenance(weeding and edge touch up) and some litter control. This should only take roughly 6 hours.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mowing this week?

I havent been out since tuesday night.

Happy Mowing from StL
-Scott Marquart

www.westcountylandscaping.com
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We mowed everything we could through Thursday. Called it off today. Hoping tomorow is do-able.....
Old 05-04-2007, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed some yesterday and had to call it off halfway through the day...today is useless, tomorrow I NEED to mow as lawns are nearing 7 inches after 7 days of growth...
Old 05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

mowed Thursday half day, did a small mulch job in the rain. I NEED more customers. South county, Jefferson County, some south St. Louis. I've only got 25 lawns to mow. Just started my company this year. If anybody has anything to get rid of in these areas let me know. I will consider driving farther if it is profitable. Is anybody concerned about the rising gas prices? Is it good business etiquette to raise the prices during the season for gas?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I just started mowing commercially this year. I do mostly South and West county, but will travel for money. 314-397-3221 for any available jobs. Godspeed, Matt