Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2000, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys,<br>I need your help. I've been asked to bid on a commercial property. It has close to an acre of grass and a few hedges. My concern is the trash from neighboring convenience store and the poor grounds quality. It is a high traffic area and the bahai grass has a lot of sand and gravel in it. This is very rough on the equipment. How much more do I charge for the wear and tear as well as the trash problem. Thanks, Bill
Old 03-29-2000, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i would charge about 10 dollars over your normal per acre charge then figure how long it would take you to pick up the trash and add your hourly charge to that just remember that the first time will probly take twice as long because it hasnt been picked up in a while. i cut some rentals and there are a couple triplex units that have alot of paper i told the landlord that she should tell her tenants that they were going to get the amount i charge for paper pick up added on to there rent if they didnt keep it cleaned up so the extra money dosnt come out of her pocket and i get payed for my time and the renters keep it cleaner than it was win/win situation<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida