Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2006, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

RLW, to purchase from United Pipe you do need to be licensed, but for the irrigation design manual I think they'd make an exception. Taking the exam at the DMV can be bad. I had kids running around me, people talking over my shoulder, and enough distractions to make Salem a far better choice. If you like peace and quiet for your exams, go to Salem.

By the way, RLW, I do mostly residential installs and rennovations. And... I have an FC 75 which has served me fine. I'd love the 110, but its heavier, and my arms tend to get tired after a while already with the 75.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey CriticalCare,
I seen that you live just down the road from me. I'm on Riverwoods Dr., still a small town (sorta).
I was doing blow outs with a friend of mine with an LCB. At one of my clients house, up on Awbrey butte. Just landscaped this year by an outfit from Portland. The guy only has the city backflow then shutoff valve for irrigation then blow out port. Is that configuration illegal? Isn't there a dedicated backflow for irrigation required in Cen. OR. ?

Roy
Old 11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Water utilities are required to develop, implement, and maintain a backflow prevention plan. Each utility's plan is individual to the system. And this is what the city states, “If you have or are planning on installing an irrigation system, you must first comply with Oregon and City of Bend Ordinances. These Rules and Regulations require that all irrigation systems have approved backflow protection.” Note that they say “approved” because some aren’t, while others are to certain degrees but not always.

At any rate, that install up on the butte should have pulled a permit, should have installed the device, and should have had it inspected.

Riverwoods, eh? You’re just around the corner from me. Yeah… small town, almost. I do like that new DRW sign out by 97. Wonder who paid for that?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I know, that thing looks straight out of the Flinstones or Lincoln logs. I thought that install looked scabby. We've contacted the builder, waiting for a reply from installer.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't seem that there's too many folk checking in, why not drop it & the ad
for the filter above, unless Sean is keeping the site going with their ad?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Only the owner and/or mods can put a "sticky" up that never moves. It's part of their advertising or other information.

The "getting started" thread was made a sticky at my request because we were getting a plethora of the same questions at the same time and it became very tiresome. We haven't had as many of this type of question recently so maybe it is being looked at. New posters with this question are pointed in the direction of the sticky if it's apparent they haven't checked it out and then that new thread basically dies a quick death.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi I Just Installed My Own Irrigation System It Was Rely Easy! I Had A Pro Come Out And Give Me A Quote And He Said $5000 For 1 Acre, I Bought Teh Stuff At Home Dpeto And Did It Myself For A Grand. Ha Ha Ha You Guys Are So Over Priced.

Btw, How Do You Use Orbit Timers? I Cant Get Mine To Work. Lol, It Is Way Better Than Rainbird Tho

Also I Used All 1/2" Pipe To Save Money (the Pipe In The House Was Only 1/2so No Use Going Bigger, Stupid Irrigation Pro Tried To Sell Me 1" Pipe.

Ne Ways It Works Great Except That Some Areasa Get Too Wet And Others Are Dry, I Think The Heads I Bought Must Be Broken I Will Take Them To Hd !
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You're killing me Jon!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Aslo U Guys Wit Trnchers Are Stupid I Put All The Valvs And Pipe Above Grnd So I Can Work On It Easy.

I Just Lade My Pipe Out With Ht Heads Screwed Into Tees And Then I Dumped Topsoil On It

Now I Just Weedeat Around The Heads
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You're killing me Jon... again!