Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Which dealer would get your business?
Dealer #1 - the fair business man 35 55.56%
Dealer #2 - the dealer offering the demo 10 15.87%
Dealer #3 - the dealer offering exactly what you had in mind? 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2006, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well....

I thought very hard about it. I really absolutely could not decide. So I went ahead and went over to pick up the demo from dealer #2. I figured to be fair, what did I have to loose if a dealer was offering to let me demo the 2 cycle stuff. He's one of 2 dealers I've ran into that will demo 2 cycle stuff and the other is the one I buy my Stihls from. So I figured why not.

I headed over to pick up the RedMax BCZ2600S, and found out he called and asked someone to return an extended field test demo. A TR2300S that had been in the field 2-3 months. So I'm lucky enough to have the RedMax 'Robin Clone' out on demo................

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 08-11-2006, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
Well....

I thought very hard about it. I really absolutely could not decide. So I went ahead and went over to pick up the demo from dealer #2. I figured to be fair, what did I have to loose if a dealer was offering to let me demo the 2 cycle stuff. He's one of 2 dealers I've ran into that will demo 2 cycle stuff and the other is the one I buy my Stihls from. So I figured why not.

I headed over to pick up the RedMax BCZ2600S, and found out he called and asked someone to return an extended field test demo. A TR2300S that had been in the field 2-3 months. So I'm lucky enough to have the RedMax 'Robin Clone' out on demo................
And????????lol
Old 08-11-2006, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer'sLS
And????????lol
I'll be putting up a separate 'review' type thread about it soon.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 08-11-2006, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

we'll be waiting anxiously
Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A few thoughts.

1: I don't buy clones. If I wanted a Robin I'd buy a Robin. 1 pound heavier is a lot of weight when we're talking trimmers. I bought a DC because I wanted a DC. The Landscaper looked a lot like the DC with orange paint but it wasn't a DC. I think there are few people who would argue with that.

2: We're talking a $200 trimmer here right? Buy the Robin and if it has a problem take it back to the dealer you bought it from. In fact, that's so cheap I'd buy 2 of them and keep one as a spare in case the dealer is a lamer and takes forever to fix one if it breaks.

3: Don't assume that the Redmax 2600 is going to be a fair demo of the 2300. It's a bigger trimmer and as such may not act the same as the smaller trimmer.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not bashing this thread at all, but is it really necessary to "poll", "demo" and "write a review" of a $200 homeowner grade trimmer?

I also agree with RM, at only 200 bucks if you want a Robin....buy a Robin...not a "knockoff". Also having owned Redmax trimmers for years, I have said this numerous times, I like them but I personally think thet are way overrated on here.

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...
Old 08-12-2006, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I was under the impression all these were commercial trimmers.

I actually have the 2300 demo, got lucky on that.
I have a review up on that....
I like some of the features, but I am not impressed with it overall... at all.

I may go back and pick up the 2600 just to see what it's made of.
I will eventually need to pick up another heavier trimmer of that class.
(one FS85 dead at the moment)

Old 08-14-2006, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What dealer do you have the deom from? Will dealer #1 let you demo anything? If so, why not demo the smaller redmax trimmer from them. If you do bussiness with, they should be cool with letting you demo one.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&R Landscaping
What dealer do you have the deom from? Will dealer #1 let you demo anything? If so, why not demo the smaller redmax trimmer from them. If you do bussiness with, they should be cool with letting you demo one.
Dealer #2 is the one that offered me a demo. After a lot of thought, I felt it was atleast worth a try, you know.... as being able to demo is important to me.

I was also lucky enough to get a demo of the smaller RedMax trimmer from him as well.

I put up a review here on the smaller one (2300) that I'm about to bump to the top.
I feel like an azz about it, but I've had it since Friday, and unfortunately I'm rather UNIMPRESSED.

I feel bad about it, and would like to take it back to trade it out for the 2600 demo. This unit is not likely to get my light trimmer business. But I would like to try the 2600 since I also have an old Stihl FS85 that died recently. That would give me one more chance of buying something from the guy. But if I don't like the 2600 either, I'll feel twice as bad... ya know????

Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I guarantee you have thought about this way more than the dealers and they couldn't give two hoots. Most people realize you can't be all things to all people.