Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I hit a few golf balls always the same yard, bounced one off the front windshield of my truck had just the right angle.I try not to look up if I hit something.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I mulch with big mower.

The wb is sd and threw a frog through a pool screen enclosure
Old 08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was mowing on a golf course one time with my JDX595 and hit a golf ball strangely enough. Tiger Woods, eat your heart out! Must of flown a couple of hundred meters. Loved that sweet "Ping" sound!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006)
I hit a few golf balls always the same yard, bounced one off the front windshield of my truck had just the right angle.I try not to look up if I hit something.
like if you don't look its not you

I sent a rubber dog toy through a screen door and on to the kitchen table where my customers kids were eating. they thought it was awesome. she didn't. so i had to re-do the screen. thank god thats cheap.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was weedeating a close distance to my brother-in-law who was riding an old hustler 251. I heard it hit something and looked up to find a small chunk of a wooden 4X4 flying across the parking lot. About 50 yards later it landed in the open top trash dumpster...Maybe a 3 pointer in the mower olympics.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

not far but strange, a few times I'm mowing and something will catch my eye flying out away from me then up, then as it falls it turns around and heads toward me.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

about 4 years ago a co-worker hit a rock that was about 10 pounds sent it clear across the lawn missed me by 5 foot. I was trimming out be the road then cross two lanes of traffic ended up stopping in the turnaround divide highway lucky the rock miss me and all the cars going by
Old 09-06-2006, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This was a long time ago, about 6 years ago. But another employee was mowing when I was trimming. I heard a loud "CLUNK" looked back just in time to see a baseball size rock coming at me from about 25-30 feet away, and watched it hit me in the shin. I hit the ground and laid there for a good half-hour. Left a bruse from my waist to my knee on the back side of my left leg. But I did save the car's body or window, which ever one it would have hit.

Needless to say, now only one person is present when cutting overgrown grass.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is sort of unrelated, since it doesn't have to do with a rock or a mower, but rather a tennis ball and a billy goat. I was working for a landscaping company almost 6 years ago and a co-worker thought it would be funny to throw the family pet's tennis ball into the billy goat (the kind you mount onto the truck that sucks up leaves) and see what would happen. Well, the billy goat really sucked the ball in and while it passed through, it made a very cool loud noise before the ball shot out like a rocket into the air about 70 feet. Bet if you ever see anyone trying to steal one of your equipment, you could feed something into the billy goat and aim the discharge part at the theif. That thing will work like a cannon! Or better yet, put multiple items into it and it will double as a machine gun!

Last edited by LONEMAN; 09-06-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Only one rock story, Back when I first got promoted foreman working for someone else I was running a 72" at the local marina and got into some big Rip Rap.......they didnt go far but they didnt excatly roll out neither..lol

Hit a tennis ball for fun 3 weeks ago with my Dixie...lmao The cutstomers punk kid thinks its funny to trhow things where Im gonna have to hit them ect., when im not looking. So there a tennis ball and I notice him watching me. I know its irrisponsible ....discharge is facing the other way from the home ...why not.

That mower hawked that thing all the way to the woods , I gained a new respect for the mower that day.