Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2006, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Taking the plunge.

I think I finally made a decision. Going with a Hustler Mini Fastrak 16hp Honda 42" cut. It was a demo model, but I'm getting a good deal plus mulch kit, and awesome dealer. I'm planning on having about 10 residential yards. Going with Redmax trimmer and handheld blower. And probably 5x10 trailer.

Somebody tell me I'm making the right decision.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

The minifastrak 17/42 is what I have. Its made a profit over full replacement cost by $735.00 this year. The mini's are highend residental machines but I'm gonna use it up and see how many hours I get to have something to compare with the cost of commercial. I don't doubt the comm.'s are tougher machines, I just want the comparison.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpjumper
The minifastrak 17/42 is what I have. Its made a profit over full replacement cost by $735.00 this year. The mini's are highend residental machines but I'm gonna use it up and see how many hours I get to have something to compare with the cost of commercial. I don't doubt the comm.'s are tougher machines, I just want the comparison.

A highend residential?? I didnt think there was such a thing. Is there a highend commerical? I seriously didnt know. I have a residential cub, a wright stander (just picked up yesterday), 2 ferris machines for commercial accounts and I can tell you, my cub residential is my favorite. I dont consider it a highend anything but....I love it. My next step is gonna be a Montana or a Bad Boy *same thing* just which color to choose but Ill still ride the cub.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Well liquidfast would you consider the fastrak higher end than a $800 Murray. I would. Seems to me theres a high end and low end of about all equipment. Is a Cadillac higher end than a Kia, or they all just cars?
Old 08-18-2006, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpjumper
Well liquidfast would you consider the fastrak higher end than a $800 Murray. I would. Seems to me theres a high end and low end of about all equipment. Is a Cadillac higher end than a Kia, or they all just cars?
Point well taken. I take awhile to "get it". But putting it that way, I see it much clearer now.