Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2000, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

I do small res. and some want bagging and others mulching. Can I put mulching blades on my 36&quot; Metro and make a plate that easily removed for bagging? Can I leave the mulching blades on? What is a high lift blade? What is a Gator? Do some of you run 2 blades on each spindle? Thanks for your help!<br>
Old 03-28-2000, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Starcity wrote:<br>*Can I put mulching blades on my 36&quot; Metro and make a plate that easily removed for bagging? Can I leave the mulching blades on? What is a high lift blade? What is a Gator?*<p>The answers are in order: Yes, I did this for my 36&quot; Woods and it worked good unless the grass was too deep, Yes you can leave them on, A blade that has more ability to lift objects (grass, rocks, leaves etc.) into the cutting chamber and Gator Mulchers are blades that have &quot;teeth&quot; cut into the lift tabs of the blade for the purpose of slicing and dicing (thanks Ron Ronco!) the grass clippings.
Old 03-28-2000, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

in reply high lift blades have more of a upward pull on the grass and gator blades dont have a hole lot of lift because of the way they are made,they do mulch the grass pretty well though,,,,now i do use 2 sets of blades in an x formation,and would recomend it if you dont have craddles on your spindles,I run two sets of high lift on my dixie chopper and am very pleased with it..I may try a gator on top of my high lift soon...but if you are going to bag then you could just use two sets of blades and that would be fine.but uf you are running two sets then you dont need to bag the grass at all because it mulchs everything very well,,<br>hope I've helped,<p>Tim,<br>CCLC<br>
Old 03-28-2000, 06:43 PM

I say talk all your customers into mulching and throw that catcher in the garbage. Then you don't have to worry about taking tht mulching plate on and off.